Thursday, September 8, 2022

Thursday, 9/8/22, Celebrated our 49th Anniversary, breakfast with Maddy, Alec and baby Brielle, Kimmy and Vikki brought us coffee and donuts, Stopped at Bruce and Melissa's to drop off donuts, Went shopping, out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse, Watched a movie in the evening

 

Bill and I on our 49th Anniversary.  We are blessed to have each other and have God all these years as the center of our marriage and family.  Thanking God for his goodness and love for all of us through the years and in the years to come!



Maddy and baby Brielle at Nori's

Loved holding little sweetie at breakfast
Bill took us through the carwash to get the bugs off the windshield
Our steak dinners at Texas Roadhouse were the best ever!  
Bill told me this was my wedding present lol!
  
 
We got up early and met Alec, Maddy and Brielle at Nori's for breakfast.  It was so nice getting together with them as it has been quite a while with our camping trip and all the tings we've had going on.  Kimmy called and she and Vikki had picked up coffees for us and donuts, so they were at our house trying to surprise us early, but we weren't there.  The surprise was on them lol.  Of course we headed right home to see them and get our donuts and coffee.  YUM!  We ate at the table, then went outside and sat on the deck for a while.  Kimmy was helping Vikki move and plant plants in her new yard.  It sure looked great when they were done.  Bill and I went to take the extra donuts to Melissa, Bruce and the kids.  She had just left to take Max to school, so we missed her.  We had a nice visit with Bruce though.  After we left there, we went to walk through the new furniture store.  They had some pretty things, but nothing we really needed.  After we left there, we walked around J.C. Penney's and Macy's.  Bill bought me a couple of tops and a pair of sandals for next year that were on sale for $9.  We came home to read our Bibles and to see Kimmy when Vikki dropped her off.  Vikki was in a hurry to go pick up the kids and Kimmy had to leave right away, so I'm glad we had a good visit earlier.  Bill and I went to Texas Roadhouse right after it opened so we could get a booth right away and have it not be real crowded.  Bill asked if they did anything for anniversaries and our waitress said they did. He and I were thinking free dessert, but what they did was call a group of workers over to announce the Schaard's 49th anniversary, and had everyone YEEHAW with them.  I thought we were married long, but a little while later, the booth behind us had a couple they did it for who were celebrating 60 years.  We told them happy anniversary on our way out.  Our meal was simply scrumptious.  It's my favorite place to eat.  Bill suggested filling our car with gas because it was 3.49 and other places we had passed was 3.99.  I told him we should check the new gas station that said they would always be cheapest and another cheap one right down the road from that one.  They were both 4.00.  Yikes!  He took my car through the carwash, then we went back to Sam's and got gas.  Big savings!  I let Vikki know and she came and got gas and took me home afterwards. I called Kimmy to let her know Costco had gas for $3.49.  I picked the tomatoes and cherry tomatoes, plus a few cucumbers and also a few beans.  Bill hauled the bushel baskets up to the house for me.  Tomorrow I will be canning tomato juice.  We watched a movie called "Prayer Never Fails" before going to bed.  It certainly was a fun and blessed day!  Jacob, Adam and Hailey all texted me Happy Anniversary to Papa and I.  Such sweet grandkids!






No comments: