Sunday, June 11, 2023

Sun., 6/11/23, Went to breakfast at the church before the service, Nice church service, Headed home in a group, stopped at Lucky's in Gaylord, Got the rain we needed today

Lonnie preached in church this morning.  2 years ago he had covid and a couple of strokes and he could only say three words.  He is such a miracle and God is using him in amazing ways.  He and Alice were so loving and hospitable, letting us stay at their son's church grounds, making meals every morning and night so we could eat with them if we wanted to, and just being so kind and caring.  We had met them, but didn't really know them until staying with them.
Lonnie and his daughter Tammy did the worship.  Lonnie and Alice's son is the pastor of this church, but he had to go to his wife's parent's 50th wedding anniversary party out of town.
CMA members and Lonnie and Alice's Family.  We all had homemade pasties Pat made us for breakfast and also biscuits and gravy.  Then we went and finished packing up and hooking up the truck and then went into the sanctuary.

 Brooke and Peyton at Breanna's graduation party
 Brooke, Peyton, Chris and Isaac.  Chris is Brook's grandma.  She and I have been great friends for many years.
I love this picture of Peyton, Chris and Isaac
Breanna and Vikki at the graduation Party


We packed stuff up in the camper, then went to breakfast at the church.  The pasties Pat made were the best I have ever had.  Yum!  She is going to send me the recipe.  She made yummy gravy to go on top too.  We went and I put the slide outs in and Bill hooked up the truck, so we would be ready to take off right after church.   No rain in the forecast at Mackinaw City today, yay!   Those on motorcycles get a dry start.

The worship was nice and Lonny did a great job preaching.  The Holy Spirit is moving, because last week our pastor gave pretty much the same message only in different wording but meaning the same.  Same examples too.  Just amazing when that happens.  

We said our goodbyes after church, then Wes and Gayla, Don, Elaine and Bill and I rode as a group to Gaylord and stopped at Lucky's for lunch.  Our food was amazing and we took lots home.  I had amazing asparagus with my meal.  The best I have ever tasted.  It was raining, but not super hard.  Elaine was the only one riding a motorcycle.  She got splashed lots, but had her rain suit on.  Still no fun to ride in.  We stopped again at a rest area in Clare.  Her gloves were wet, so I went in the camper and got mine out of the motorcycle so she could use them.  We were sure happy to be getting all of this nice rain which we sure need.  The corn in our garden is about an inch high already and all of the plants look so nice.  My flower garden is doing great too.  Bill let me come in the house after I directed him to park straight, then he unhooked the truck and leveled the camper and brought all of his stuff in.  He let me stay dry in the house which was really sweet of him.  Later on, I loaded my stuff in clothes baskets and brought all my stuff, the kitchen stuff and my hanging stuff in.  Bill helped me carry the stuff in from the car.  

I didn't get home in time to make it to Breanna's graduation party.  I really wanted to go.  I'm glad Vikki took such nice pictures for me.  She and her family went and Kimmy, Jared, Jacob and Eli went.  Breanna's mom and dad bought our house we had in Hemlock.  Greg's mom would come over lots during the week and we would study the Bible together.  Her and her husband and Bill and I got baptized together.  Greg and his sister would play with Kimmy, Vikki and Melissa all the time.  We've moved twice since then.  Greg got married and the house went up for sale, so he and Nikki bought it.  The girls and I went through the house again shortly after which was lots of fun.  We have all always loved this family.   That's why I really wanted to go see everyone.  

Vikki called me and face timed me.  She got a cute kitchen table and chairs and also got blinds for the living room and dining room.  Everything looks so nice. 



No comments: