Saturday, June 3, 2023

Sat., 6/3/23, Kevin Beemer memorial ride, Watched K Love Fan awards, went to Adam's soccer game, Olive Garden with Kimmy and family and Debbie and Matthew

Elaine and Bev
Cindy

Gayla and Don
Bill and Jacob
 
 
Kevin's children...Kyle, Iain, Jordan....Meredith was there but stepped out of the picture before I could take it
Elaine doing the bike blessing.  She did a great job
Jacob watching the K Love fan awards.  It was so much fun watching them with him.  We both loved it
Adam's last soccer game of the summer.  He and the team played great.  It was a tie game
 
Adam, Matthew and Debbie
Eli, me, Debbie, Adam and Matthew
We all went to the Olive Garden for dinner after the game.  Adam didn't come because he went swimming with friends.  We got him a to go meal though.  Got to take care of our Adam!

I woke Jacob up at 7:30, then he actually got up at 8.  We left at 8:45 to go to the Kevin Beemer memorial ride.  He was our close friend who passed away at 51 last year.  His kids were all there, but his wife was too sad to come.  I texted with her and sent her pictures.  Bill went on the ride, but Jacob and I came home.  We gave Vicki's daughter, Meredith, a ride home because she just got braces and her mouth was hurting.  When we left her house, we passed Bill and the rest of the motorcyclists in his group.  

When we got home, Jacob and I watched the K Love Fan Awards.  So many great worshippers with amazing voices, great testimonies and the Holy Spirit moving in an awesome way.  We both loved it so much.  It was so much fun watching it with him because we both had voted, plus it was fun commenting together on the amazing singers.  I am so glad I stayed home with Jacob and didn't go on the ride.  This will always be a special memory.  

We stopped at McDonalds and Jacob got a McChicken sandwich and a large Diet Coke.  I got a cheeseburger and had my cold brew coffee I made.  We got to Midland and were on the road to the soccer complex and I got in the wrong lane.  I had to turn and got through a bank parking lot and then back on the road I was on.  Then we got to the soccer complex and Matthew texted to see if we were bringing water to Adam's soccer game.  We only had drinks for us, so we decided we would go to McDonalds and get drinks for him and his mom.  Once again I got in the wrong lane, so we had to turn, but Jacob looked it up on my phone and we were headed for a McDonalds where we could get drinks.  Then we got a message back from Matthew saying we didn't need to bother because they stopped and got drinks.  We turned around and I drove great with no wrong turn lanes on the way back.  When we got out of the car, Kimmy called and said Debbie and Matthew were there, but didn't know where to go.  I called Matthew and gave them directions to come to the circle with the flags.  We met them and Jacob helped get Matthew out of the van and onto his Amigo.  We went and found Kimmy and Jared and watched Adam play in his last game of the summer.  He and his team played great and tied the other team.  It was a tense game to say the least.  Afterward Jared took Adam home and then to meet friends to swim.  We all went to Olive Garden and ate, and Jared got there right as the food was being served.  It was yummy and we all had a nice time.  
Bummer though, when we went to leave Matthew went over the curb with his Amigo and started teetering and fell over.  The boys and Jared got him up and back on the Amigo and we all prayed for him.  He said he was ok.  We all felt so bad for him falling.  He is just the nicest guy and cares about everyone.  I texted Debbie later and she said he was doing fine.  Praise God.  
Bill and I watched the K love fan awards when I got home.  Bill had a good time on the ride.
I was happy to see him when I got home.


No comments: