Sunday, June 4, 2023

Sunday, 6/4/23, Went to prayer, than church, went to Olive Garden, Peyton and Isaac came over, went to Boehlers, planted the garden, watched a movie

Isaac and Peyton swam lots today.  I swam for about an hour with them

Papa, Isaac and Peyton 
Nana, Papa, Peyton and Isaac at Boehlers


Cute Hummingbird
Poppies are beautiful
Peyton doing a handstand

We planted our garden in the evening.  Bill and Isaac worked on putting the electric fence wiring up and Peyton and I planted the plants and seeds.  Isaac planted a plant too and a row of corn when he finished getting the fence wiring up.

 We went to prayer, then to church.  It was celebration Sunday with 5 baptisms and 22 new members. Three of the people getting baptized were people we had met at Nori's Restaurant.  Bill had his New Life Sweatshirt on and when we got up to leave, they asked us where our church was.  We told them and invited them to come.  The next week they were there and they have been coming ever since which is over a year now.  It was especially touching to us to see them follow Jesus in baptism.  All of the people getting baptized had amazing testimonies of what God had done and was doing in their lives. 

After church, Diane, James, Maddy and Brielle went with us to Olive Garden for dinner.  We had a nice time.  Diane is going to have another grand baby around Dec 16.  We told her we were going to be great grand parents around Dec 8.  Funny how the dates are so close.  James surprised us and paid for all of our meals while he was paying for theirs.  

We came home and then Vikki brought the twins over to swim and spend time with us.  She and Rody were going to look at refrigerators.  Bill tilled both garden areas and did a great job.  Peyton, Isaac and I swam for a while.  They swam at least 2 hours.  I swam about an hour.  We got out of the pool and the kids had drumsticks.  Then we went to Boehler's to get our plants for the garden and my flowers for the deck.  The kids were great helpers.  Isaac pulled the wagon the whole time and Peyton helped carry plants to it.  I took a picture of them and a really nice lady came up to me and told me to get with them and she would take a picture of all of us.  She was so kind.  

I texted with Matthew and he was doing fine today.  Praising God of course.  Peyton and Isaac swam again for a long time while I read my Bible on the deck.  I had to have a blanket out there today because it was cool and windy in the shade.  Peyton and Isaac played so good together in the pool and had so much fun.  I made them Mac and Cheese when they were done which was per their request.  They wanted to spend the night and I thought it was a great idea because we planned on having them help with the garden tomorrow anyway.  We asked Vikki and she said yes.   

Bill and Isaac went out to work on the electric fence, hooking the wires back up.  Isaac sure was a great helper.  I planted my flowers in pots on the deck.  Peyton came out and we planted the garden.  She was an amazing helper too.  Isaac helped some, but he really loved helping Papa with the fence.  Peyton loves planting the garden so it was perfect.  I loved planting it with her.  Easy Breezy with those kiddos helping us.  In a couple of hours we were done.  Then we had to water it because it is so dry here, with. no rain in the forecast.  

We watched Homeward Bound 2 in the evening and the kids and Bill had popcorn and M & M's.  I had cashews and M & M's.  We laughed a lot while we were watching the movie and also at a funny joke of Isaac's.  

Afterward,  I read the Bible (per Peyton's request) prayed over them, and tucked them in.  They are such easy kids to have around and so helpful.  I took a bath, and finished my blog.  

  



No comments: