Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Tues., 6/6/23, Mentored Maddy, went to Costco, made chili, started gathering stuff on camping list

This Weigela plant had old branches that just pulled right out.  Only a little growth about two feet high was left at the bottom last year.  This year it is absolutely gorgeous
Knockout roses are going to be a knock out this year.  Lots of buds on the plant now besides these blossoms.
My white peonies are beautiful, but they don't smell much


I picked Maddy up this morning, and we went to Biggby for a Campfire mocha and a bagel.
After we ate, we went through our disciple book.  It was a good lesson about how we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.   Really emphasized abiding in the vine (Jesus) who is the Word of God.  We got cold inside, so we went out and did our lesson in my car.  I gave Maddy my Bible and I read the questions and she looked up the scriptures.  Usually we take turns, but my church Bible was too big to keep passing back and forth.  It was good for Maddy, because she is used to looking up scripture on her phone, or reading the Bible on it, like many of the younger generation does.  This gave her the opportunity to turn the pages and find the books of the Bible.  She got really good at the end.  We had some good discussion time.  She will be 22 on Sunday and is very mature for being so young and already has someone to mentor once she's done.  I am very proud of her!   

After I dropped her off, I went to Costco and picked up Drumsticks for Melissa and myself.  
I put them in stay cold bags, and put the air on high in my car.  I dropped mine off at my house and left the car running, then went to Melissa's and dropped her's off.  They were still nice and cold.  I went to Boehlers Greenhouse and picked up my cucumber plants (they didn't have any Sunday when we were there). After that, I picked up my Prescription at Walgreens.  I was happy it was free.  There was a really bad accident on the corner by Walgreens, so I had to go through McDonald's parking lot to get around the corner.  There were two ambulances that took people to the hospital.  A car was flipped on its side.  I prayed for the people in the accident.  

I dug up my spearmint and planted it in a small planter.  Vikki called me and told me it spreads  lots, so I didn't want it in my garden.  I added one more plant to my planter on the deck.  It's a yellow wave petunia that has smaller blossoms.  I also dug up my lavender from last year as it was dry all over except one green little piece.  I got a different type of lavender that I like a whole lot better and planted it in my little flower garden.  

It was a cooler day in the 60's, so I watered the garden as the plants looked a little wilted.  They sure perked up.  I even watered my ferns, because they looked dry.  I noticed lots of Milkweed coming in the little wooded area.  

I started going over my camping list, so I know what I still have to pack in the camper for our trip.  I made chili to take with us.  I am looking forward to this trip.  Wes and Gayla are camping there too.  We are all excited to spend time together.  




No comments: