Friday, June 16, 2023

Friday, 6/16/23, Went to my Best Friend, Vikki's house in Grand Haven, Vikki, Kimmy and families came over and worked doing trimming again. Eli went with Peyton and Isaac to our church for a youth water night.

Vikki and I took a selfie at lunch at Applebees
After lunch we went shopping in Holland.  We each found a cute bird we liked and bought
James with his big helicopter
Me, Shannon and James (7 yrs. old)
Jack playing the French horn in his concert for band camp at Valley Lutheran
.                                     Back row in yellow shirt second from the right

Hailey sent me these pictures.  She went to a pool party at someone's house and this was the fancy pool.
The house looks pretty fancy too! 

Peyton and Bill having an ice cream date
Pictures Vikki took and sent me
Peyton is under Melody's picture.  She's a friend who is a realtor at our church.  Rody took the picture!  So cool!
Peyton with the pretty sunset in the background
Jared and Bill relaxing after working hard
Eli relaxing after swimming.  This is his 3rd day swimming.
Peyton
Adam
 
Kimmy, Vikki and families came over today and trimmed some more.  Bill trimmed down the last lilac bush.  You can barely see them, but they will come back and fill out, but we aren't going to let them get overgrown again.  We have nice hosts planted in there and some other nice plants that will do much better now too.
Peyton and Eli
Peyton and Jacob

I got up early, got ready and then left to go visit my friend, Vikki, in Grand Haven.  Bill got up right before I left, so I was happy I got to tell him goodbye and get my good morning kiss, plus a goodbye one.  I played a good worship  album by Elevation Worship that Vikki told me about last night.  It was amazing.  I listened to it lots on my way, so I could learn the songs.  I stopped on my way and got an Egg McMuffin to eat on the way.  I made my coffee to go at home to drink with it.  It was a cooler day again, and the sun didn't come out until the afternoon, when it finally warmed up some.   I had a nice enjoyable ride there.  Vikki was waiting for me when I got there and came outside to greet me right away.  We went in the house for a little while and she showed me some things they've changed since the last time I was there.  Then we left to go to Applebee's in Holland.    They were shorthanded, so we had to wait for a booth.  We sat up at the bar and drank our pops until they had one ready which didn't take too long.  We had a nice visit over lunch.  She treated me, which she insisted on doing.  We both had an appetizer, burger and fries.  It was super good.  

After lunch, we went and parked in the ramp, and walked downtown in the cute shops.  We each bought a keepsake bird to remember our fun time.  We went to her daughter, Shannon's, new house after that so I could see them and see their new home.   I hadn't seen James, because they used to live in Chicago until they moved into this home.  Vikki is sure happy to have them live close to her.  Shannon and I gave each other a big hug.  It's been a long time since I've seen her too.  Then James took me (and Vikki) on a tour of their house.  He is an amazing little 7 year old and talked the whole time and didn't miss a detail.  He showed me where the walk in pantry was in the kitchen and showed me everything in it.  Then he showed me the kitchen, the table where they eat, and we walked by the island in the kitchen on the other side and he showed me how it had chairs to sit at.  He gave us a very thorough tour.  When we got to his room, he showed us his bed, his desk, some of his keepsakes, some stuffed animals, his closet, and his night stand and dresser.  He opened every drawer and showed me in side too.  (I had to laugh at that to myself of course). His drawers were all very neat.  
He took us to his parent's room and showed us and went to show us in all of their drawers too lol, but Vikki told him she didn't think her mom would want him showing us all their drawers.  I was planning on just looking the direction of their bathroom when he started doing that.  
He showed us the whole finished basement after that, and some lego things he's built and some Minecraft toys.  Those are his favorite!  He is an only child and is as smart as can be and very outgoing.  He showed us his favorite video of sailing and a shipwreck on the Discovery channel.  I got to see Rob for a few minutes and say hi, then we girls visited more.  We went to Vikki's after that (she is my friend for many years who Vikki was named after).  We sat on her enclosed sun porch and visited for the rest of the time.  We talked a lot about all the things God has taught us, how He's changed out life and made it so much better, how we still have much to learn, and about His Word and how it is so good and changes us when we obey it.  
We caught up on our families while we were at the restaurant.  Terry got home from fishing and came and visited with us for a while.  He is such a nice person.  It is really wonderful how God brought Vikki and I together when I was 20 and she was 18 and we have been best friends for so many years, and Bill and Terry worked together and are great friends too.
I left around 6 and when I got home Kimmy, Jared and the Boys were at our house and Vikki and Peyton were there.  Rody and Isaac had been there, but had already left.  They all had lots to show me with all the trimming they had done and also some clearing out of a picky bush.  Everything looked wonderful.  What an amazing, loving and giving family I have.  I am so very blessed with family and friends.  God is good all the time!  Bill and I relaxed in our loveseat recliners in the evening.  It was good to be back home with him.

No comments: