Friday, October 16, 2020

Friday, 10/16/2020...Celebrated Kimmy and Vikki's Birthdays since we will be gone!


Bill with his wonderful Marine Corp. mask from Lela

She made two of them for him

Vikki and Kimmy celebrating at Zhenders

Granny Oakley shooting a bug on the post...I got it too!

 Kimmy, Vikki, Peyton and Isaac came over.  We gave Kimmy and Vikki their birthday presents.  They both wanted Bug Salt Shooters.  We shot some bugs outside and sure had fun.  I only tried once, but got the bug.  I couldn't believe it!  Pretty amazing!  Kimmy and Vikki got theirs every time.  No batteries and it takes regular salt.  We went to Frankenmuth to celebrate their birthdays.  Zehnders was very careful and we watched as they wiped everything down on the table when people would leave.  They had us spaced good and had moved lots of tables out.  We were missing Melissa this year.  I tried the potpie this year and it was good, but I am sticking to my half hot chicken sandwich from now on.  We visited Debbie at Bronner's afterward and got our free ornaments.  I got one too since they were closed during my birthday month.  I got $3.00 off my meal too.  We went to see Matthew and Tom after that for about 10 minutes.  It was so nice to see them.  We came home and sang Happy Birthday to the birthday girls, then had Angel Food Cake and Strawberries.  Yum!  Kimmy shared some left over food from Zhender's with Bill for him to heat up later which made him very happy.  He watched Peyton and Isaac while we were gone.  He played 3-13 with them and Isaac won.  Peyton was the big loser with over 200 points.  Bill got McDonalds for them to eat for lunch which made them happy.  He's always fun!  Everyone left because Kimmy had to be home for Adam's soccer game and Vikki had to let the dogs out.  I talked to Marie for a while, then started packing more for our trip.  I called Melissa and talked to her for a while since I know I am going to be missing her lots.  So nice spending time with family and talking on the phone.  Went to Wes and Gayla's to play 3-13 and visit.  Bill has his Rotorcuff surgery on Nov. 10, Charlie has his esophagus surgery on Nov. 6 and Wes has his partial knee replacement on Nov. 5.  The 3 amigos will be recovering together.  Praying for all of them!  

2 comments:

Lela F Russell said...

Woo...good looking masks, Bill. Happy to know a Marine who would wear this mask. Rotator Cuff surgery...I had two...Not easy if I want to be honest. The second was better than the first. Waited to long for that first surgery. So...will be thinking and praying for a quick recovery. Hope you can have a nerve block and please take your pain pills.

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

The doctor told him it’s painful even with the pain medication! He will take your advice on that!