Saturday, October 24, 2020

Sat.,10/24/20, Left our hotel in Illinois at 6:30 a.m., Got home at 6:10 p.m.

Went by the St. Louis Arch.  I was texting with Isaac at the time so I sent him a picture and told him to show his mom and also told him about us going up in it when she was a kid
I was so happy to see there was still lots of color in Michigan.  We saw color on our trip, but there's no color like in Michigan

Took this after getting in to Michigan                                                                                   

One branch down plus lots of little ones when we got home

My mum is opening and is beautiful.  


Kind of weird how both of our maple trees are turning color in stages this year.  This one is starting at the top instead of all over like usual.

We got ready, grabbed coffees, and then headed for home at 6 a.m.  We split my chicken breast from the Cracker Barrel that I couldn't eat last night.  We also had a granola bar.  That was our breakfast on the road.  I texted with Isaac, Peyton and Evan for a while.  It was so sweet when I got a text from Isaac that said I love you Nana.  Such a sweetie!  It made my heart so happy!  Bill drove until 10:30, then we filled up with gas and I drove from there.  Our total gas for the trip was $118.63 and we still have some in the tank.  We drove and only stopped at around 3 to get something to eat.  Ate at a Bob Evan's and had their pot pie.  It was great, but was so hot, I had to wait for it to cool some before I could eat it.  Ate half and took half home.  Bill had a big breakfast.  I drove from there and we came the rest of the way home.  We were happy to get home sweet home.  I did a couple of loads of laundry while we both unpacked.  







No comments: