Thursday, October 29, 2020

Thursday, 10/29/2020, Did spelling and reading with Peyton and Isaac, Bill met his half brother, Gary for the first time, Shampooed living room,

Peyton and Isaac love getting online with their teacher and class

Evan played the piano for me on Face Time today.  He did a great job and it sounded so good.

Bill with his half brother, Gary, for the first time



Gary when he was in the service.  He was in Vietnam the same time Bill was. 

He reminds us of Joey in these younger pictures!

I got up early so I could spend time with the Lord before the kiddos got up.  Peyton got up first, then Isaac.  We ate breakfast, and then Bill left to go to Flint to meet his half brother.  He has stage 4 lung cancer and wanted to meet Bill, so contacted him.  Peyton got all of her spelling words right the first time today.  She was so happy.  Isaac only missed 3 and learned them really quickly.  They read the next book Melissa lent us, Secret Agent.  They loved it.  Peyton didn't want to quit reading it.  Next I read Little House on the Prairie to them, then they read the Picture Bible to me.  We read about Joseph saving lives during the famine and how his brothers came to him and bowed before him like his dream.  Joseph tested them to see if their hearts had changed and saw that they had.  Such a great story! We finished our game of 3-13.  I had 79, Peyton had 100 and Isaac at 89.  We were all close and the last hand decided who was to be the winner.  Vikki picked them up and was super tired from working hard, so left to go home right away.  I ate lunch and then shampooed the living room carpet. It looks so nice now.  Bill got home and said it went well with his half brother.  He was able to talk to him and his son in law about Jesus, and both of them confessed Jesus as their Lord and Savior.  Bill gave him a Bible to have so he could read it.  (I made sure he took one with him when he left).  I talked to Melissa for a long time and enjoyed watching Evan do his typing for online school.  Then he played chopsticks on the piano and Melissa played with him.  It sounded so good.  Then he wanted to just play his part for me.  I loved it!  


No comments: