Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Wed., 10/28/2020, Bill had surgery clearance appt.at VA, Cleaned house, Vikki brought kids to spend the night

Max lowering a bucket of bricks down to Jack.  Jack waiting below.  Once a brick came rolling off the roof and Bruce yelled for Jack to run.  Yikes!  Jack learned to stay back until he got the all clean signal.  Of course Melissa and I were praying!!!  She called me to let me know to pray, so we prayed together on the phone.  It was cute because when I was talking to Kimmy later, the boys were in the background and said, We should go help them and get it done fast for them.  They didn't think about Covid and how they can't get close to them right now.  I thought that was so sweet.  Our family is such a blessing to each other
Jack with a bucket of bricks Max lowered down from the roof

Jack Stacking the bricks to reuse

Max at the peak of the roof

Bruce and Max working on taking the brick off the chimney          

Evan was inside doing schoolwork.  Max came to say hi through the window.  Evan was so happy.  they are so cute!


Before they saw Melissa taking the picture they were looking at each other and putting their hands together on the window.  She said it was really sweet.  

Lots of soot on the carpet.  The shelves by the fireplace, window sills, and registers were all covered too.  I had to take everything off the shelves and wash it all down.  Big job! 

Carpet right after shampooing it.  So much better!

I started cleaning the house.  Bill went to meet Charlie before having his bloodworm at the VA and then his Surgery clearance appt. there at 11.  They told him he didn't pass his EKG and has three blockages.  He has to go for further testing at Covenant when they get it set up.  I laid hands on him right away and prayed for him when he got home and told me.  I also let the girls know so they can be praying.  We know how powerful prayer is.  He mowed the lawn while I shampooed the family room carpet. Got everything cleaned except tomorrow I will mop the floors and shampoo the living room carpet.  This shampooer is amazing.  Did Day 3 of our 21 days of Breakthrough Prayer.  So good!  Vikki brought Peyton and Isaac to spend the night.  She brought me some of her chicken alfredo to try.  It was delicious.  When Vikki got home, she called and talked to the kids and played a game on her phone with them.  They had so much fun.  We watched The Dick Van Dyke show, and then they got ready for bed.  I read the picture Bible to them and then we prayed and I tucked them in.  We have such sweet grandkids!

2 comments:

Lela F Russell said...

This shoulder injury could be a bigger blessing than one could ever imagine. Finding blockages with no symptoms is the best it could be. Doug had the same experience and is now living with a wonderful heart doctor that is helping him live a longer productive life. Blockages are gone with the doctor's help.
I call surgery procedures and doctors miracle workers. Their minds and hands are God like hands. My wish is that you soon will have more information to move on to a healthier life. Bill must have had a intensive presurgery exam to catch the blockages. God be near.

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

Thanks for the info and encouragement. We are happy Doug is doing so well and thankful to have you in our lives.