Monday, June 6, 2022

Monday, 6/6/22, Put chemicals in pool, went to dentist, packed more, shampooed carpet, helped Bill with securing motorcycle in camper

I caught another raccoon last night.  (3 in a row).  I took it to drop it off in the woods, because Bill went with Charlie for his appt. in Ann Arbor.  Charlie needed someone to drive him home.  Not my favorite thing to do as I don't like those rascals.  There was tons of dirt when Bill put the cage in the car for me.  I had a mat and garbage bag down, but when I took the cage out of the car, lots of dirt fell out.  I let it go, then when I got in the car, saw the door open light.  I checked all the doors, then checked the trunk. Well dirt fell in the little hole where the latch goes.  The trunk wouldn't close tight so that light stayed on and the bell dinged all the way home.  I vacuumed it out when I got home, but that didn't work.  I took Q-tips and wet them to clean it out, but that didn't work.  I blew it out with Bill's blower and then could get it shut.  The lights stay on when the trunk isn't latched.  I was concerned about the battery going dead.  I finally got it to close with a hard slam.  

I went to the dentist and had the sweetest hygienist clean my teeth.  She was so nice, just moved here,  and is looking for a church, so I invited her to ours.  We shared a lot about what the Lord has done for us.  She is a sub for our dentist.  I stopped at Aldi afterwards to get a few things we need for camping.  It was raining when I came out, and when I went to open the trunk, it wouldn't open.  Bummer!  I finally pulled up really hard and got it.  When I got home, I thought of taking a toothbrush and brushing the hole and latch, then put a little WD-40 on it.  It has worked perfect ever since.  Yay!

Just took plant pictures today.  With the rain we got they are just beautiful.  I put chemicals in the pool so it will be good while we are gone.  Vikki will be checking on it too when she's here.  I worked on packing some more, vacuumed carpets and shampooed the living room and family room.  Bill called me when he and Charlie were at a restaurant, and wanted me to put the slide outs in on the camper, so I did that.  When he got home I directed him while he backed the camper up where he could open the door and drive the motorcycle in.  I helped him secure it, then packed a few more things. Charlie got us a huge cinnamon roll to share so we ate that.  

I talked to Vikki and FaceTimed with her and Peyton a couple of times.  Talked with Melissa, Sue and Marie and texted with Adam and Vicki B.  

Read my Bible at night.  

No comments: