Saturday, June 11, 2022

Sat., 6/11/22, Went to the Bike Blessing, Left for home, Made it to Peyton's Play she sang in, Mooneys for ice cream

Paul doing the bike blessing.  Bill in the background



Some of the Faith Rider's group...Gayla, Wes, Elaine, and Don
Bill driving us home...Otsego Lake in the background
Peyton outside the theater where the play was
Play Peyton sang in kids choir for
Peyton with the blue shirt on the far left sitting on the floor
Peyton's music teacher on the far right
Me and Kenzie
Vikki, me and Kenzie

Kenzie, Peyton and Vikki
Kenzie, Peyton and me after the play

Peyton and her music teacher

Kenzie
Peyton and Kenzie
Kenzie waving at me as she left Vikki's.  She didn't have time to go with us for ice cream.
Vikki, me and Peyton having Banana Royals at Mooneys after her great job singing in the play


We took the truck and went to Mackinaw City in the morning because there was a chance of rain.  They kept moving the rain to later in the day.  At 9, Paul did the bike blessing for all who brought their motorcycles and came for it.  Afterwards, we handed out bike blessing stickers to everyone.  We walked around for a while, then packed our stuff in the truck and headed for home.  Right after we left, it started raining and kept raining for the whole day Gayla said.  They got the CMA booth packed up just in time and then it started.  

When we were heading home, I texted Vikki to tell her.  She told me I had time to make it to Peyton's play.  I was so happy I could go.  The first time I was supposed to go, they cancelled because of Covid cases.  Then I was supposed to go see the rehearsal, but the said no one could come.  I thought I wasn't going to get to see Peyton sing in it, but was so happy when I found out I could.  On the way home, a bag with our sewer hoses blew out of the truck on the expressway.  I told Bill I would go get them.  He wanted to try backing the camper up and getting closer, but I told him I could run faster than that.  It was quite a ways back, but I saw the bag and crossed the expressway to get it.  Then headed back as fast as I could to get back in the truck so we could get going again.  I was just going to make it in time as it was.  It wasn't busy on the expressway, or we probably wouldn't have stopped to do the rescue of the bag.  We got home and Bill let me out right away.  I grabbed the binoculars and headed to the theatre.  I made it there, and walked in with Jeff and Tina Schrem.  I was happy to run into some I knew to walk with.  Kenzie met me in the lobby and took me up to the third balcony where they were sitting.  We had fun watching the play together.  Peyton and everyone did a great job.  Afterwards, we dropped Kenzie off so she could head home, and then we went to Mooneys for yummy ice cream.  Wish Kenzie would have had time to come with us.  We had such a fun time at the play and at Mooneys.  

No comments: