Sunday, June 5, 2022

Sunday, 6/5/22, Went to church, went to Nancy Pezell's Memorial service, Picked up truck from DJ, Visited Sue

 

Corn is coming up..have to click on these pictures to see it 

Beans are coming up too...this year we are trying pole beans that climb


Got up early and saw that I caught a raccoon in the trap.  I told Bill about it, but he wanted to sleep longer and get it when he got up.  It was digging and flipping the cage, so I was afraid it might get loose.  I decided I would take it and drop it off by the river and woods.   I sure did pray because it seemed so mean.  It was 6:30, so no one was out on the roads yet in the country.  I put thick gloves on, made sure my phone was in my pocket, then lifted the heavy thing out of the hatch back and opened the door.  It ran as fast as it could to the woods.  Yay was I happy.  Next time, I am leaving these critters up to Bill to take care of.  

We went to church early for prayer, then went into the service.  It was awesome worship today and and Pastor preached an amazing sermon on Pentecost and the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.  

After church, we got subs at Subway, then picked up Elaine and headed to a memorial service in Detroit for our friend Nancy.  Jeff, her husband, was happy to see us.  It was a nice service that honored her life and presented the Gospel of believing in Jesus and making Him your Lord and Savior.  That is the only way to have eternal life with Jesus!  

When we got home, I took Bill to pick up his truck from DJ.  We visited outside with Stacie and Kody and she showed me her planters and pots with veggies and plants in them.  They look beautiful and healthy.   Their pool is clearing up and just needs the middle stuff at the bottom scooped out.  

I stopped at Jacks to get some lunchmeat and cheese for our camping trip.  After I was done I went to visit Sue for a while.  Charlie was just leaving when I parked my car.  I talked to him for a few minutes, then went in and saw Sue.  We had a nice visit.  I can't wait until she is ready to go home.  Such a dark dingy place she is in.

I came home and Bill and I ate the last of the goulash.  It was good to the last bite.  

Bill has to take Charlie to U of M for an appointment to look at his throat to see why he is having trouble swallowing and to stretch it again.  He can't drive home so needed a driver.

I was excited to see corn, beans and sunflowers coming up in the garden.  Yesterday there was nothing that could be seen and today, after the rain, they are an inch high.  



No comments: