Sunday, February 12, 2023

2/12/23, Super Bowl Sunday, Church in the morning, Super Bowl fun and some work in the evening

Jacob, Hailey and Peyton
Eli and Peyton...she moved her hand but it's the only picture I got of them
Bill and Rody
Me and Adam
Bill, Jared, Rody and the boys moved all of the heavy furniture out to the garage for us.  They also brought up a table, chairs and a server from the basement and took the table and chairs from up here down to the basement.  Kimmy and Vikki worked hard cleaning off and redoing my shelves and rearranging furniture for us.  It looked beautiful after they got done.  Now tomorrow, I will vacuum and shampoo the carpet so it's ready for the new furniture.

We went to church in the morning.  I taught Sunday School and Peyton was my helper today. Tracy was teaching with me.  We had a lot of K-1st graders this morning.  Pastor Dan preached this morning.  I listened when I got home and the message he gave was so good.
After church, we went and picked up some burger, ground turkey, Hickory Stick, and a few other snacks for our Super Bowl last minute party tonight.  We weren't going to get together because Kimmy has been sick.  She's doing better now, and we needed some boys with muscle to help us with moving lots of furniture.  We ate sloppy Joes and then when the Super Bowl started, the guys went in the living room and found their spots and so did Peyton and Hailey.  We were happy Hailey could come.  She had gone to Ohio to see her friend, Ally, and spent the night.  I was happy when Melissa called and said she could come.  Vikki and Kimmy wanted to keep working, against my wishes as I wanted them to relax and have fun, but they said working is fun.  We did get the game on the TV in the family room, once they moved it across the room and Isaac got it hooked up for us.  He sure is amazing.  Kimmy and Vikki wrapped all the wires so they aren't hanging all over and looking a mess.  They are amazing too.  They were my Dream Team, making things look so much nicer in that room.  During half time, we put more snacks out and did some munching.  Then it was back to work.  What a great game and a great finish.  The Kansas City Chiefs won, but it was a very close game the whole time.  Our sisters and their families in Kansas are very happy.

 

No comments: