Saturday, February 4, 2023

Saturday, 2/4/23, Officers Training for UP in, went to see where I used to live, went to KI Sawyer, went to Marquette and Presque Isle

 

Bill reading his Bible and devotions before going to the church this morning 

Ziggy

Ziggy and Bill

Bill closing in prayer
Ice races in Gwinn

My old school in Gwinn
House I lived in when I was 11-15 yrs old on Rice Lake Drive.  My step dad, Ed, built it.  Sometimes the whole door would be covered with snow.  New garage has been built by the road.  The old one has been torn down since the last time I was there.  I used to sweep it’s dirt floors lol!

House I lived in when I was 11-15 yrs old.  My step dad, Ed, built it.  Sometimes the whole door would be covered with snow.  New garage has been built by the road.  The old one has been torn down since the last time I was there.  I used to sweep it’s dirt floors lol!

Went to K I Sayer Air Force Base where my mom worked in the commissary 
Mt. Marquette, ski mountain that is new since I’ve been there
Marquette is built on a hill and is beautiful
I put this on as a memory lol.  He had to go bad and was so happy to find this porta John 
Restaurant by the skating rink 



That’s Lake Superior where they are ice skating.  Dad wanted to go out on it.  It was quite a step down to get on it on and very slippery snow so I told him no.  I’m glad he listened to me.  It also had water spots showing in places!  No thank you!!!


Bill loved it here and wanted to take a selfie!
Presque Isle…our favorite picnic spot when we lived in Marquette

Nice restaurant dad spotted and we stopped at.  We wanted whitefish but they ran out so just had delicious pizza.  Lots of snowmobilers.  They even have shelves for their helmets!!!

Fun day for both of us!!!
 



No comments: