Monday, February 13, 2023

Monday, 2/13/23, Went to Barb's to visit and pray with her, Kimmy, Jacob and Eli came to visit, Stacie came to visit, Dentist visit, shampooed carpet in family room


Me, Barb, Gayla and Elaine
Papa and the boys working on dismantling the hand shuffleboard game

Bill, Eli and Jacob

Got to Gayla's at 9 this morning.  Elaine was already there.  The three of us headed to Barb's to visit with her and pray for her.  I drove us in my Prius.  It was a beautiful sunny day, a little windy, but nice temperature in the 40's outside.  We all were happy to see Barb and she was happy to see us.  She shared that she has Ovarian cancer metastasized.  She is waiting for a biopsy to tell her more.  We hugged, visited and then had a special time of prayer over Barb, anointing her with oil.  She shared her heart and is standing strong in her faith in the Lord.  She is such a nice, loving person.  We stayed for about an hour, then left so she would have time to rest before a friend from church dropped off lunch for her.  It was her birthday today so that was special too.  We gave her some gifts, and also gave her a card from our Faith Riders Chapter and a collection we had taken up for her.  Kimmy called when we were just leaving, and asked if they could come visit today at 12:30.  I was happy it worked out for me to be home before then.  She and the boys came for 1 1/2 hours, til she had to pick up Adam from school.  Stacie called and came over too.  We were happy she came.  We ate sloppy Joes and chips.  We had a nice visit, and the boys were a big help to Bill, getting the shuffleboard game out of the basement and out by the road.  They are always willing helpers.  When they left, I had to go to the dentist.  Got good news.  My tooth is doing good, so I don't need to have anything done with it unless it bothers me again.  

When I got home, Bill was leaving to go to a Marine's funeral, and be a part of the ceremony.  I decided it would be a good time to vacuum and shampoo the family room carpet.  I had it done by the time he got home.  We did our Bible reading and study when he got home.  

I talked to Vikki and Melissa today.  So sad there is an active shooter at MSU right now and there have been several shot and sent to hospitals.  We all started praying, and Vikki let Kimmy know to pray too.  This is so very sad.   I certainly am glad Jacob is not there now.  Praying for all of those kids who are there and going through this and all of the worried parents.  Please Lord help!






No comments: