Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Tues, 2/28/23,

 Beautiful peaceful morning.  Pretty Cardinal looking pretty in the sunshine!

Hailey, Melissa and me at Buffalo Wild Wings before the concert!

Me, Melissa, Brenda and Dan
Hailey in the middle, ready for the concert to start

Hailey playing her French Horn in the University of Michigan Band.  She did a great job!
Picture after they were done playing
Hailey's Grandma and Grandpa Royce, Hailey and me

Dan, Brenda, Hailey and Melissa

Melissa and Hailey after the concert with the music building in the background
Deer along side the road a little ways before our driveway on my way home.  I had just been telling Hailey grandma and papa about how I always pray that God holds the deer back and how he has always done that for me.  The first time I started was in the 1980s when about six deer surrounded my car when I was driving and it was almost unbelievable how I didn't hit any of them  I thanked God and I have been praying and seeing him protect me from them ever since.  I had been telling them about God's protection after the concert when Brenda mentioned hoping they wouldn't hit any deer on the way home.  She had hit one not too long ago.  This was exciting to have happen the same night and see them just stand there for a long time and go back the way they came.
They took about 4 minutes to decide where they were going to go so I took more pictures
They finally ran back the way they came.
Our friends, the Wades use to live in this house on the blueberry farm.  Yesterday it was on fire.  So sad!

It was a beautiful morning, in the mid 30's with the sun shining.  Bill took the garbage out, then went to meet Ross for mentoring.  Ross ended up calling him to say he couldn't make it til later, so Bill went to Sam's to get protein drinks.  I had my coffee and oatmeal which was yummy.  Kimmy's boys didn't have school because the roads were still bad.  They got lots more snow and wind than we did.  I'm glad Kimmy didn't have to drive on the roads.  Yesterday was stressful enough for her and many others too from the pictures I've seen.

Bill came home and we did our Bible reading and study.  We watched a couple of Ozzie and Harriet episodes, then Bill left to meet Ross and shortly after I headed to Aldi, then Salvation Army Store, then to pick up Melissa at 4:15.  It was 39 and sunny out and just a beautiful day for a drive.  We got to U of M around 5:20 and picked Hailey up by the Library.  Hailey picked Buffalo Wild Wings to go eat at. She got a burger and Melissa and I each got the 3 piece chicken tender meal.  Yum:  Best chicken tenders I've eaten.  We also got the sampler nacho chips with Salsa, Guacamole, and Queso.  Yum again!  We all were sure full when we left there.  Hailey showed us how to get to the Music Building, then we took and dropped her off at her dorm so she could get ready and we went back to the Music Building to get good seats.  The wind band, the Symphony Band and then Hailey's band played.  They were all amazing.  Hailey did great and I am so proud of her.  She's going to both services at her church now so she can teach 5th graders and then in the other service, just be in the service.  She is going on Spring Break with her Christian friends to Tennessee.  
She is pretty excited about that and I am excited for her.  When the concert was over, we waited for her to finish talking to her friends, then we took pictures with her.  Melissa and I went to dropp her off at her dorm after she said goodbye to her other grandma and papa after the concert.  They had a 2 hour drive back to Muskegon.  We got to Hailey's dorm, and Bruce called asking us to drop her off at Texas Roadhouse.  Her other grandparents decided they wanted to spend more time with her instead of going home right away.  So nice for all of them.  Hailey ran her French Horn and Music upstairs to her dorm, then came back down and we took her to drop her off to eat with them.  Melissa and I headed home.  When we got to Hemlock, we used a coupon and Melissa treated us to Mocha Frappe's.  We talked to Vikki before we stopped there and then again after we were on the road again.  It was such a fun night.  Bill was sleeping when I got home at 11:15.  I went to bed around midnight.


 

No comments: