Sunday, February 5, 2023

Sunday, 2/5/23, Left Gwinn for home, Stopped at my Sister Brenda’s lake house, went to Gobblers for dinner, went the rest of the way home!


My sister and her friend Lisa ice fishing.  She sent me this picture after I messaged her
Lake Michigan along Highway 2
 

Going back across the Mackinaw Bridge
Getting in to Charlevoix
In Charlevoix
Me and my baby sister, Brenda

Gina...Brenda's 11 year old poodle.  She was such a sweet dog when she greeted me at the door.  She decided to rest while we visited
Lake house view from where we were out on the ice
My great nephew Max and Molly's boyfriend, Patrick ice fishing
My great niece, Molly, fishing inside with Lisa where it is nice and warm

Pictures of my sister's beautiful lake house
Bren and Bill
Lake House from the outside
Pike, and some perch caught by the fisherman (I should say Lisa)
Dave (in red) and his buddy fishing...

I had a granola bar, yogurt and orange juice from the motel’s small breakfast bar.  Drove three hours, stouts go to the bathroom, filled the truck with gas, then drove 15 more minutes to my sister’s lake house in Ellsworth.  She had been ice fishing, but when I let her know we were getting close she came up to the house and was in the garage awaiting our arrival.  We gave each other big hugs, then went inside.  Bill wanted to go out on the ice to see everyone and I did too, so we hiked out there.  It was so nice, seeing Dave, Max, Molly and her boyfriend, and meeting Dave and Brenda’s friends who were fishing with them.  A nice trout and some perch were caught.  It was nice and warm for the girls in the Otter Lodge.  Brenda and I stayed out for a while, the walked back up to the house.  Bill stayed out for a long time.  Bren and I drank our coffee and visited.  She took me on a tour of their new lake house. It’s beautiful and they are sure enjoying it!  We took lots of selfies, but realized we weren’t good at it, so had Bill take our picture together when he came in.  Brenda gave him a tour too.  It sure was nice visiting with her.  We headed for home  and stopped at Gobblers on our way through Gaylord.  We always like eating there.  We were happy to get home sweet home.  I gave Kit Kat a treat when I saw her on the deck.  We unpacked and reclined in our love seat.  

No comments: