Thursday, February 9, 2023

Thurs., 2/9/23, Took Bill for injections, went and got oil change, worked on Bible Study, took car in for windshield work, saw Nephew Jimmy, made chicken noodle soup, watched a movie

Raindrops on the window.  Snow is almost gone.  It was raining super hard when we went to Bill's appointment.
Sat right by the fire when I got home and drank my coffee out of my Kimmy mug on the fireplace
Made chicken noodle soup
Baked a chocolate cake in my new cake pan.  Bill dished me up a huge piece.  He had 2.    We haven't had cake in a long time.  This is why!

We got up early because we had to leave the house by 7 for Bill's appt. for his injections. When they called him back, I asked how long he would be because it usually takes 1 1/2 hours.  This is the first time they let me in to the waiting room.  I decided to go to Tim Hortons for a coffee, toast with avocado and bacon, and a Boston cream donut.  I just finished eating when my phone rang.  It was Bill.  He was already done after just a half hour.  He asked where I was and when he found out, he asked me to get him a coffee and an Old Fashioned Glazed donut.  I got there and he was waiting by the door.  Every other time we have been there, a nurse has called and brought him out in a wheelchair for me to pick up in the circle.  He said they didn't even have him put a gown on this time.  

We went to get an oil change in my car afterward.  I pulled right in with no waiting.  They were quick and very nice.  We went home after that.  I was really tired, and I looked in the living room and he was already reclined and ready for a nap.  I decided I would do the same since it was still very early.  I ended up not being able to sleep, but did rest for a while.  Then I went in the family room, and sat by the fireplace drinking my coffee.  It was so warm and cozy.  

We read our Bibles and I did my Bible study.  James is such a great book to study.  I talked to all of the girls, and texted with Maddy and Adam.  At 1, we had to take my car and drop it off, to have the windshield repaired if they could or replaced if they couldn't seal it good.  
We decided to go see the movie, Left Behind, rise of the antichrist in Bay City.  Bill said it was starting at 1:30.  We got there and it wasn't starting until 2:40, so we couldn't see it.  We decided to get exercise and walk the mall.  Sad how it is so empty now.  We stopped at Godwin's to walk through it on our way home.  My nephew, Jimmy, who we haven't seen in a long time, came up to me and said Hi Aunt Penny.  We hugged and he talked to us for a long time.  It was so nice seeing him.  We went and walked around another furniture store after that.  We decided to stop and see if my car was done, and it was.  Went to Sam's Club and put gas in it.  Lots of car care today for my wonderful Prius.  

I talked to Melissa for quite a while.  Then I made chicken noodle soup.  I had to run to the store to get more noodles, after the soup was simmering.  Kimmy called me and told me about their Uncle Rick not doing well after a couple falls and being out in the cold for so long until he was found.   I prayed with her on the phone, then got my Bill, my BFF Vikki, Melissa, and Matthew praying.  Also put it on my church prayer page.  I sure was praying fervently.  He is such a nice and kind person, who is loved by so many.  

I made enough soup to give Charlie and Sue some.  Charlie just got home from the hospital today after surgery on his throat.  Bill really liked the soup with potatoes in it.  I also baked a chocolate cake.

Bill put a good movie called, Love Again, in. We ate a piece of cake while we watched it.  He cut our pieces and sure cut them big.  Will sure need to walk on the treadmill tomorrow.

We got great news that Jared's uncle was able to have surgery and came through it great and did great in recovery.  The doctor said they will get him up walking tomorrow.  I passed this great news about what the Lord has done on.  I sure am thanking and praising God.  We are continuing to pray for a quick recovery with no complications.  I am so happy, and I can just imagine how happy everyone in his family is.  





 


 

No comments: