Saturday, July 22, 2023

Sat., 7/22/23, Warrior Appreciation Rally, Bon Fire at Wes and Gayla's

Bill and Pat in the Marine Corp League Booth
Great group of Marines
Grandson Max trying on helmet and holding grenade.  Papa in the background
 
My favorite Marine, Veteran, husband, and friend
Got our picture taken with Isaac after we finished eating. He looks very handsome with his new haircut
Walked around with Maddy, Brielle and Alec
Alec wearing a fireman hat in the picture
I went to take a picture of the oriole on the feeder, but by the time I took it, I got it in the tree instead
Bought this big tub of clothes pins that was marked for $12 for a dollar once the marked prices down to a dollar on anything $100 or less.  Vikki got amazing deals.
I got this cute magazine wrack for my magazines
Fun at Wes and Gayla's Bonfire...Bill, Joel, Ron, Barb and Dorothy
Elaine, Gayla...showing how delicious the homemade ice cream is and Cindy
Cindy, Lew, and Don
Wes and Brad
Our wonderful hostess and host
Gayla roasted a perfect marshmallow
Sabrina, Bill, Ron and Barb
Wes, Lew, Dorothy and Cindy
Some pictures Kimmy sent me of Bruce, Melissa and family's visit to their house today
Cool picture of Eli, Bo and Jack


Vader looks like he herding the sheep

                                                  Max with Vader, Wyatt and Basil 
Bill left on the motorcycle and went to help set up the Marine Corp League table at the Warrior Appreciation Rally.  I went an hour later and joined him there.  We walked around for a little while, then had free lunch with sister Debbie.  She is still in a lot of pain from the dog attacking her.  She was there to help some with the cooking and serving food.  Tom was helping too.  We had a nice visit with her, then Vikki, Rody and Isaac got there and ate with us too.  Shortly after, Maddy, Brielle and Alec joined us.  We had free ice cream afterward with a choice of lots of toppings.  Bill went to work in the booth more, so I walked around with Maddy and Alec, and took some pictures for them.  Vikki, Rody, Isaac and I left after that and went to an Estate Sale.  Vikki found a recliner chair that was pretty and had been for sale for $75.  It was marked down to $15, so Vikki called Kenzie and brought it for her.  Then the lady announced everything $100 or less was a dollar.  Vikki got the chair for a dollar then.  She also got some cool TV trays with a serving tray on wheels, a radio, and an old rotary dial phone.  Rody put the chair in my car and the rest of their stuff in their car.  We went and visited Matthew after that and enjoyed spending time with him.  Debbie got home and we prayed for her and then they all prayed for me.  Bill left a few minutes ahead of me, then called me and told me he was at the gas station in Bridgeport where it was $3.29 for unleaded.  He told me when I got there to pull in behind him.  He filled my car for me, then he headed home and I went to Vikki's to drop off the chair.  Everything looked cute in her house.  
When I got home, Bill was napping in the recliner.  I relaxed for a while, but couldn't fall asleep.  When Bill woke up, we both read our Bibles.  Then we got ready and went to Wes and Gayla's for a wonderful bonfire.  We sure had fun eating yummy cherry pies made over the fire, s'mores, and homemade ice cream.  Came home and relaxed for a while, then went to bed.  
Talked to Kimmy and Melissa today and texted with Adam.  








No comments: