Friday, July 14, 2023

7/14/23, Friday, Weeded the new garden, Went shopping for foster kid school supplies for church, Lisa's birthday gift and a few things I needed too. Eli and Jack are camping out in the yard here tonight

Maddy sent me these today.  Such a cute little helper she has.
I think she's going to love dusting lol.
Turkey along side the driveway when I pulled in today
Kit Kat loves it when I sit on the swing.  I was watching birds and drinking my coffee.  She wasn't watching birds lol.
I got all of the weeds out of this garden today. The four prong tool Kimmy told me about works amazing.  You still have to bend over and get the weeds out of the garden but it sure is easier.
Lots of apples on our apple tree this year.  Six years ago when Bill pruned this tree, none of us thought it would make it.  We were so wrong.  Yay for Bill.  It is much healthier now.
I can have peace when I look at the garden now.
Finishing getting  the tent ready so Jack and Eli can sleep in it
Jack ready to go in
Eli and Badger in the tent, Jack outside the tent and Jared behind the tent.  It's going to be a fun night for these campers.  Jack's 15th birthday is tomorrow!  It is going to be an exciting night and day.

We read our Bibles in the morning.  I made oriole and hummingbird food and went out to put fresh food in the feeders.  I also put jelly out and an orange.  Then I decided to weed the new flower garden because quite a few little weeds were popping up after 3 weeks of not being tended to.  It was getting pretty warm out by the time I finished.

I texted with my sister, Brenda for a while, returned a light up cloth frisbee I had got from Aldi, because it wouldn't turn on.  I went to the bank after that, then went to fill up with gas at Sam's club.  Then I went to Walmart to get school supplies for foster kids to bring to church on Sunday.  Stopped at Bath and Body and TJ Max to get a birthday present for my friend Lisa.  
That all took a long time.  I was glad to get home.  When I pulled in the driveway I was happy to see Turkey Lurky walking by our small woods, so I took a picture.  Bill went to have both of his bows restrung, but was back before me.  

Eli had been texting me to see if he and Jack could spend the night at our house in the new tent they got for Adam to use while in Copper Harbor.  Of course my answer was yes.  Always love having these sweet grandsons spend the night.  

Melissa brought Jack over and Jack and Bill played ping pong.  Kimmy, Jared and Eli came shortly after and started setting up the tent right away because it was starting to get dark.  
It was an easy set up so that was good.  I found my rechargeable lantern for them to use in the tent.  Poor Kit Kat is spending the night in the crate.  We don't trust her not to climb on the tent and rip it.  The boys got their stuff in the tent, then played with the light sabres for a little while.  They came in to watch a movie and have popcorn.  I hid some fruit slice candy in the bottom for a surprise.  My M & M's are in the camper still, so it was the next best thing I had.  

Hailey sent me these cute pictures of her and her friends day in Traverse City











I'm glad she is loving her job and making such nice friends to hang out with.  I love that they wrote Jesus Loves You!  



 

No comments: