Thursday, July 13, 2023

Thurs. 7/13/23, Bill and I worked on getting garden weeded, took Jack and Evan to lunch and had them over, went to Vikki's and made keychains

Jack, Evan and me at Tony's for lunch
Ha ha, some friends of our camp all summer in the same campground because they are in Florida half the year.  This new neighbor moved in and set up a hot tub.  Now that's camping lol.
Evan, what a fun kid and such a great personality.  He always cares about others.  I sure had fun with him today.
Jack wearing his headphones....I needed a picture for my blog.  He is so respectful, polite and kind hearted.  Sure loved spending time with him today.

I had fun with these two granddaughters at Vikki's tonight.  I brought strawberries and Kenzie dipped them in chocolate.  She also did blackberries, tangerines and lemon pieces.
I didn't try those sour lemon pies dipped in chocolate, but Peyton did and loved them.  They sure are sweet girls and so much fun.
Isaac with his headphones on.  He ran out to meet me as soon as I got there and carried Vikki's shepherd's hook I brought back from camping.  He is one sweet caring kiddo who is fun too.  I have been missing him since camping
Love seeing kids building and playing with legos
 
Peyton making bracelets.  Kenzie cuddling Lucy
Sister time

Vikki is making this beautiful wall hanging

Vikki taught me how to make leaf keychains and wall hangings tonight.  She also taught me how to make keychains.  She is so talented.
 
Butterfly weed is starting to blossom.  We got 2 1/2 inches of rain yesterday, so the new plants I planted in this garden should start growing nicely now.
Me making my keychain

The two keychains I made
How fun it was to make these with Vikki's help instructing me

Charlie picked Bill up to go for coffee.  I ate a banana in the morning, then put the new flat bird feeder back outside and turned the pool filter on.  I weeded some in the new flower garden, then started pulling weeds in the garden.  I found more onions in the one row.  
Yesterday, Bill did one big garbage bin full.  We read our Bibles, then I took Jack and Evan out to lunch at Tony's.  Jack got pancake and bacon, Evan just got a hamburger, and I had a hamburger and fries which I shared.  We were too full for dessert when she asked if we wanted some.  Kenzie called to see if I could come over and make leaf decorations and keychains.  I was tired, but told her I would perk up and come after Melissa picked up the boys.  We went to my house, and the boys swam while Bill and I worked on pulling more weeds.  4 more garbage bins full.  Jack hauled them out of the garden for us.  I pulled some weeds out of our front brick walkway too.  It is much easier after a good rain.  The boys and Bill played several games of pingpong and it was nice listening to them have so much fun.  
I just relaxed after all that weeding.  Kenzie called again to see if I was coming.  She thought I sounded like I didn't want to, but I told her I was just tired and would be rested shortly and come.  When the boys got done, I gave them each a drumstick.  By then they were happy to have dessert.  Melissa called and came to pick them up and stayed a few minutes to visit.  After they left, Bill and I ate left over spaghetti and then I headed over to Vikki's to make keychains with her and the girls.  It was so fun learning and making them.  I washed some strawberries I brought and Kenzie made yummy chocolate dipped strawberries with them.  I goofed and didn't leave the tops on them for dipping, so Kenzie had to use toothpicks.  I did that the last time I made them, so I should have remembered.  Oh well.  All of their leaf projects turned out just beautiful.  Peyton is so good at making them too.  It was so much fun being with them and hanging out.  I sure am glad I perked up after doing the garden.  Kenzie's treats were delicious too.  When I was leaving, Kenzie showed me a picture of an angel she was going to make.  It was just beautiful and she made me one. So sweet of her.  I am going to make these things and sell them in Arkansas at our CMA Colors rally.  Texted with Jack and Eli and then relaxed with Bill.  

No comments: