Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Wed., 7/19/23, Marie and Roy came for dinner, Had Zoom meeting with Area Reps, picked tomatoes and a pepper, picked raspberries, dead headed lots of plants

Bill, Roy and Marie having dinner
Marie brought me some of her beautiful flowers.  They last so long.  The bucket she brought them in had a crack, so the water leaked out.  I stuck them in a vase quickly so they would be in water.  Will cut them and arrange them tomorrow.  Busy day!
More yummy raspberries from our bushes
First picks from the garden.  Fourth of July tomatoes and a pepper.  My mom and dad loved this kind of tomatoes and so do I

 I got up early and got the round steak I got from the Mennonite Store browned, then cooking with cream of Chicken soup in the crock pot.  Bill got up an hour later and met Charlie for Coffee.  He also dropped off a clothes rack to Vikki that she found at Ginny's.  Then he went to the VA for his appt. Kimmy called me, so I got to talk to her for quite a while which I loved.  Started making banana cream pudding dessert, then realized I was one package of pudding short.  I put it in the refrigerator, ran to the store and got one, then came home and finished making it.  Happy Aldi's is close.  I got the potatoes peeled and ready too. 

Bill got home we read our Bibles.   After that, I blew off the deck, washed the tables off and put the other swing and chair cushions on.  Marie and Roy came around 2:30.  We visited while Bill was on the phone, then we ate.  I had everything ready and kept the potatoes and corn warm in the oven until we needed it.  They were sweet and commented several times on how much they liked the food.  We visited more in the living room before we had our dessert.  
We talked a lot about all the Lord is doing and has done in our lives and in our families.  They left around 6 because we had a Zoom meeting with the area reps at 7.  Before they left, each one prayed over me for healing of this eczema.  I am very thankful for a husband and friends who pray and believe.  

After they left, we had our Zoom meeting with CMA area reps.  It went well and Bill did an amazing job leading it.  He is doing an amazing job on the State Rally again too.  Afterwards, I walked around outside and looked at the garden and my flower garden.  I dead headed lots of plants.  All of them are doing well with the rain we have gotten.  The grass looks beautiful too.  I was going to pick raspberries and noticed some ripe tomatoes and a green pepper, so picked them first.  Then I pulled some weeds that were mixed in with some plants.  Everything is weeded now.  Yay!  

Kenzie sent me ultra sound pictures that were so amazing to see.  For sure our first great grand baby is a boy.  Very exciting.  He looks so cute in the ultra sound.  My great niece, Ahmet, also sent me an ultrasound of the twins she will be having in Feb.  So cool to see God's amazing creations and how miraculous they form.  Adam and I texted.  He is so cute and fun.  Bill and I relaxed in our love seat recliners after that.  




 

No comments: