Thursday, July 20, 2023

Thurs., 7/20/23, Went to breakfast, went to Dunham's and Meijer, Bill put chlorine in the pool, crazy itchy day, talked with Bill's brother Fred, had zoom meeting with State Coordinators

Downpour in the afternoon sure perked up the plants and flowers

One inch of rain in our rain gauge
 


 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Long cucumber I picked today.  I made cucumbers in vinegar/sugar/water and onion with it.

Bill and I went to Bob Evan's for breakfast at 9.  He had the Farmer's Breakfastl and I had blueberry pancakes with blueberry topping.  Yum!  I'm glad they have flavored creamer there for my coffee.  We had fun.

We went to Dunham's afterward, to take a top I had gotten for 4.97 back.  It said medium, but it was more like a kids medium when I tried it on.  Sure was a good price, but I like my shirts comfy.  We walked around the store, then left and went to Meijer to get water bottles for Bill and some chlorine for the pool.  We came home, and I put the water bottles away in the refrigerator and Bill put the chlorine in the pool.  We both read our Bibles after that and listened to worship music.  It was another itchy day with this eczema.  Bill left to go meet Alec for a while.  I was itching so bad I couldn't stand it.  I sure called out to the Lord and started speaking the Word.  It finally let up, so I cooked dinner.  While it was cooking, I did some reading and saw that when you have two days of really bad itching and pain, it's in the healing phase.  I was so happy to read that.  I do notice my skin is getting smooth again and starting to turn back to the normal color instead of bright red.  Thank You Lord!  The best thing is not to scratch when it itches, but when it is so bad that is very hard.  My nails are very short, and that helps me to rub instead of scratch.  Rubbing and poking are allowed, but itching is bad and breaks down the skin.  Prayers for this to be healed quickly are appreciated.  
Bill got home and we ate dinner.  Bill's brother Fred called us and talked for a while.  They sold their house and are now buying a house that's 3 yrs. old instead of building one like they had planned.  He is really trying to talk us into coming out there for a visit.  He said we just need to pay our air fair and he will provide everything when we are there.  Really sweet of him.  Bill had a zoom meeting at 8 with the guys who are state coordinators.  I listened while I worked on my blog.  The itching seems to be much better now.  So very thankful.  

Eli showed me pictures of the wild kitty he found today.  The way he was taking care of it, it wasn't going to be wild long.  He texted me and wanted ideas for names.  I got busy making a list, although I didn't know if it was a boy or girl at the time. He chose Blaze which was suggested by his Aunt Vikki.  He's golden, so it's a great name.  He also sent me a Christian song to listen to.  Loved that.  

When Bill is done we are going to have banana cream pudding dessert.  



No comments: