Tuesday, September 11, 2018

9/11/18...Went to breakfast, stopped at Melissa's, Stopped at Aldi's, Home for a while, Took Melissa for her O T Evaluation and to PT to go on the lokomat, Vikki ca me and helped me clean rand wipe things down good

We got everything washed in the utility room, moved the small cabinet next to the sink,  and then Bill put this clothes hamper together for me. It has an ironing board on top.




Went to breakfast at Sullivans.  There were only eight  of us there.  We tried to call Louise, but she didn't answer.  Sad thinking about 9/11.  Prayed for all those affected and for our  nation.  I forgot to take the prayer notebook in, so we just went around the table and everyone prayed for what was on their hearts.  Went to Melissa's afterward.  I was there and she was getting ready and noticed her wedding ring had come off.  I prayed and then started hunting and so did she.  I was upstairs and she was pretty sure she lost it up there.  I couldn't find it, so she climbed up the steps without me by her (shame on her) and she started looking and didn't find her ring either.  I went back downstairs and asked her if she had gotten anything out of her clothes hamper.  She said a couple of things, so I looked and there was her ring.  We sure were thanking the Lord.  She finished getting ready and we went to therapy.  We saw our friend, Matt, when we were going in the door and talked to him for a few minutes.  She had her OT evaluation and while we were sitting in their office it hit me that I left my car in the ambulance drive.  I told them and then headed out to move it.  There was no-one waiting in the drive so I sure was happy about that.  The girl said others have done the same thing.  Don't think I will do that ever again.  We went to the therapy room and Mary and Shawalee sure were happy to see her.  Two outpatient PT's put her on the Lokomat.  They put her straps on her while she was hanging there.  They were pretty fast.  They did have to keep adjusting things to get her to make the right movements when she was walking on it.  They were very nice, but not near as funny as her in patient therapists.  Shawalee  came to check on her a couple of times and was always looking over to see how she was doing when he was working with his patients.   They had her go slower so she could use the right muscles.  Shawalee came and told them she did it for an hour last time and went fast.  They didn't like that idea so much though.  He bragged about how good Melissa was doing because of that machine though.  Took Melissa home and Evan came running to give her a hug in the driveway.  I came home and Bill and I left to go to Menards to get a few things for the bathroom.  Vikki was at our house when we got home cleaning for me.  She is such a great cleaner and I am so glad she helped me.  It sure was a big job getting all that power cleaned up.  She sure is a hard worker and did a great job.  Lots faster than I am too.  Bill put a hamper together that I got at Aldi's.  It fits nice and I like that it has an ironing board on top.  Vikki and I moved the cabinet next to the sink so the hamper would fit.

No comments: