Wednesday, September 26, 2018

9/25/18...Went to our breakfast, Came home and made chicken noodle soup, Melissa and Vikki Eddy came for lunch, Bill got our helmets hooked up so we can talk to each other, Went to Rescue Mission Dinner, Ron Wells was speaker

Peyton, Evan and Isaac

These three being silly

Playing with legos

Giving me nice smiles

Peyton being silly

Cheryl and Elaine in picture.  Charlie, Sue, me, Wes, Gayla, Don,  and Mike were all at a table together.  

Ron Wells who wrote the book, Same Kind of Different As Me, was the speaker at the Rescue Mission Dinner tonight.  He did a great job.  I had just watched the movie for the second time a couple of nights ago.  

Went to our breakfast at Sullivans.  There were nine of us there.  Came home and made chicken noodle soup and then went to Melissa's to pick her up and bring her to my house to have lunch with my best friend, Vikki Eddy and I. We had the soup and turkey sandwiches with bread I picked up from the Mennonite Store that was delicious.  We had a nice lunch and a wonderful visit.  She brought a gift for Melissa from her and Terry, Shane and Shannon.  Lots of cleaning supplies, lots of beautiful towels and a $50 gift certificate to Meijer's.  Melissa was so happy.  I gave Vikki the dryer balls Kimmy had made for her, and she was very happy.  She had a surprise bag and money for the dryer balls for Kimmy too. She brought some things for Vikki to use in her jewelry making and a fun flower punch out book for her and Peyton to do. Vikki left to go to her brothers at about 2.  I called her to tell her I forgot to give her a piece of pie and told her she could come back.  She was thinking it was going to take longer to get to her brothers house.  It was only 5 minutes away though and when she got there she had forgotten to give me some things she had for me and some bags to draw pictures on and color.  She came back and had her pie and stayed for a while longer to visit with us.  She sure is an amazing friend from the Lord to me.  Bill worked on putting our headsets in our new helmets for the motorcycle.  It will be great to be able to talk to each other while we are riding and also listen to music.  Vikki came with Peyton, Isaac and Evan and then she and Melissa went to visit , Lynn, a friend of ours in the hospital.  I watched the kids while they went.  They had a wonderful visit and came back and picked up the kids and left for home.  I got ready and went to the Rescue Mission Dinner.  Bill was supposed to go, but messed up on the dates and though he had something going on, so cancelled.  Then he found out he had the dates wrong and could have gone.  No more tickets at our table though so he stayed home.  We all had a great time and it's such a great cause.  I was happy the real life person, from the movie, Same Kind of Different as me was there.  I had just watched the movie for the second time.  Someone played his part in the movie, but at the end it showed the real people.  He had such a great story and lots of amazing things to share.  There were 9,000 people there and they streamed it also.  We had delicious food and fantastic dessert.  So nice to be there with such great friends.  

No comments: