Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Day 59, Morning Devotion, Went to Lowes/Jacks, Planted Garden, Planted flowers in flower pots

Bill planting the garden

Garden all planted....Bill putting the fence up
Peyton and Isaac planting their garden 



I was looking for short socks and pulled these out.  I had forgot I had them.  Sent Hailey a picture of them because I know she likes cute socks.  She said she has a similar pair
Beautiful Pop up card from Vikki and family
Beautiful homemade card from Jacob....front above, inside below

Beautiful homemade card from Adam
Beautiful homemade card from Eli.  2 pages...one above and one below.  He sure is good at drawing horses....another amazing artist!

I love all the thoughtful pretty cards

We listened to the online devotion.  Read our Bibles and prayed.  I checked to see if I caught a raccoon.  Nope!  The food was gone, the cage door was closed, but no raccoon.  The cage was pretty far from where it was last night.  The raccoon must have rolled it and ate the food when it fell out onto the ground, since the dish was empty.  Smart old raccoon.  I went to Lowes in Midland to get  Soil Acidizer for our blueberry plants we are.  I got some pots for plants too.  They weren't very busy, so I decided to go to Jack's too to get birdseed.  There were only 8 cars in the parking lot which included workers.  I got in and out quickly and my birds will be very happy.  When I got home, Bill had the garden all tilled for the 3rd time.  He was ready to help me plant so we got started.  It was a beautiful day in the 60's so planting was very enjoyable!  We planted corn, radishes, kohlrabi, kale, two kinds of lettuce, spinach, peppers, onions, beets, radishes, beans, tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers, squash, and pumpkins.  We also planted two blueberry bushes.  I also planted a raspberry plant Bruce dug up and brought to me since one of mine from last year didn't make it.  Bill filled in some bare spots in the yard with soil and planted grass seed.  He also put more dirt around the shed.  He got more mulch to finish the area around the house left and to do around the shed.  That will have to wait for another day.  We wanted to get all plants planted before it rains tomorrow.  I planted all my flower pots for on the deck.  Planted Morning Glories, the Yurro plant Kimmy gave me, and a white Dalia plant.  I set the raccoon trap.  This time I staked it down.  Will see what the outcome is in the morning.  Bill got 19,000 steps today and I got 15, 500.  I am tired and will sleep well tonight!

1 comment:

Vikki's Blog said...

Thank you for giving me your extra plants and seeds, that was so nice of you!