Thursday, May 21, 2020

Day 67, Thursday, 5/21/2020, Went on a walk with Melissa, Hailey, Jack and Evan

Kimmy, Jared and the boys went for a ride and took these pictures of the lakes that emptied out
Wixom Lake...it only took 2 hours for this lake to empty...so sad
Sanford Lake
Sanford Lake
Sanford Lake
Sanford Lake
Sanford Lake
The Flats Campground.  Andy and Phyllis from our church had their fifth wheel parked there permanently.  The whole campground was destroyed.  Their camper is in the top right middle on it's side. This made me so sad too.
The hummingbird was back lots today
Ended up moving the swing to the opposite side as that is what I usually sit on.  Now I am facing bird feeders
Jack, Evan and Melissa....We were starting our walk
I was happy when Hailey joined us. 
Selfie that Melissa took....her, Jack, Evan and Hailey (that silly girl) and me across the street
Jack, Hailey and Evan walking together and talking
I haven't seen Melissa walk a long distance since March.  She s doing great!  She walked a long distance and wanted to go farther.  She looks beautiful and walked so well.  I sure enjoyed our walk and visit.  What a great idea Melissa! It made my day!
I had made a video of me cutting my homemade loaf of bread with the Rada knife the kids and families gave me for Mother's Day.  I told Bill I was taking a video and he reached right in front of the camera to grab a piece of the bread I was cutting.  Then he reached in front again to sit the butter down.  He was lucky that he didn't find out just how sharp that wonderful Rada bread knife was ha ha.  This is him right after he snatched the bread and moved out of the way.
James had wonderful visitors today.  He has been shut up in his room for a long time because of the virus.  These sweet girls came and visited him through the window.  So nice they do that.
My fern Kimmy gave me last year is really growing
I noticed another fern is coming up today.  Yay
We watched the morning devotion Pastor did.  I read my Bible outside today on the swing.  It was such a beautiful morning! I made a loaf of bread so I can try my Rada Bread knife out today.  I dropped off some drumsticks and butter quarters I picked up for Melissa at Aldi yesterday.  When I got home I hooked up the HDMI splitter on the tv in the living room.  So happy we can hook the computer up and watch the devotions and church services on this tv now.  I walked two miles.  Went down to the end of our road and then went up part of McCarty.  Didn't even pass anyone else out walking.  I listened to my worship music while I walked.   I called a few people in our Bible study to see how they were and ask if they needed anything.  Everyone was doing well, except Kay who was evacuated and staying with friends in Bay City.  She needs some help with food, etc.  Pastor told us to let him know who needs help because lots of people have donated to help!  Melissa called and said we could go for a walk together if she walked on one side of their road and I walked on the other.  Yay!  We were going at 2:30, but then I realized the bread wouldn't be done baking till 2:35 and I had to let it cool.  Bill was mowing the grass.  After it cooled and I was heading out to tell Bill I was leaving, he wanted me to make him a chicken salad sandwich on homemade bread that was toasted.  I did that and took it out and he ate it on the lawnmower.  Then he wanted me to bring him a drink.  I took him that and then left for Melissa's.  Evan and Jack came out with Melissa.  She said Hailey was a little down today because of not being able to get with her friends.  I called her and talked her into coming on our walk.  We all had so much fun and it was so nice to be doing something normal together (even at a safe distance).  I love it and so did Melissa and the kids.  We are going to do this more often for sure.  It made my day!  I got my exercise today.  15,000 steps for the day!  Bill read on his book and I went out to clean the camper.  Talked to Vikki and Kimmy today.  Texted with Jacob and Adam!  Very nice day in the 70's and a very happy day.  Poor Bruce is working late again.  He is so busy with all these water problems, but is very smart and knowledgeable on how to take care of them.

No comments: