Monday, May 11, 2020

Day 57, 5/11/2020, Cold day, Got our seeds/plants for garden,

My Christmas Cactus start is sure growing fast
Melissa found these old pictures of us with Stumpy, our first dog that Bill picked out and surprised me with
Melissa age 7 with Stumpy

Melissa age 16 with Stumpy
It was another cool day out.  We watched our morning devotion, ate breakfast and then went to Boehler's to get our plants and seeds for our garden and also 2 blueberry plants.  We had our cart filled when I remembered the blueberry plants.  I walked back to where I knew they were while Bill stayed with our cart of stuff.  I saw only two left and they were pretty big.  I put them in the cart and noticed they were $30.50.  I didn't really want to spend that much, but really wanted blueberries so was walking back out the row.  A guy who works there saw me, and said I would probably like smaller plants better to start with.  He had me come to the greenhouse and got me one.  He told me I had to plant two different varieties, so said to go back in where the Bill was and there were some on the floor.  I looked and only saw the kind I had.  I walked back out to the greenhouse where he was and told him they didn't have any different kinds.  Then he told me to go back and check out and he would bring one up to us.  We checked out and right before we were done, he brought it to the girl.
I looked up online and he was right about planting two different kinds.  I let Kimmy know before she gets more plants.  We went to Sam's Club with our facemarks.  Not very busy.  No burger there.  Got a few things we needed there.  We put everything in the garage and I am just watering it in there until Wednesday when it will be warm enough to plant.  I walked around outside a lot. Vikki stopped to pick up a wooden thing for her hang on her tree to put grape jelly on for the orioles.  She showed us her oriole feeder.  Hope she gets some orioles really quick.  I talked to Melissa and Kimmy today.  Adam texted me!

No comments: