Saturday, May 23, 2020

Day 68, Sat. 5/23/2020...Thinking of my mom lots today..sure am missing her....ordered a pool

My mom and Taylor...she passed away 13 years ago.  I sure miss her hugs and  everything else about her.  Because of what Jesus did, I will see her again in heaven! 
Rody drilled holes and Vikki made this bird bath.  I love it! Thank you Vikki
It looks so pretty hanging from the tree. So sweet of her to give it to me and even hang it in the tree for me.
Ha ha!  I put this chipmunk trap out and was pretty excited when a chipmunk came...Then he passed it and sat next to it eating birdseed that was on the ground
Found a new fern coming up.  Yay!
We picked this pool out...Don't get it until the end of July unless we have nice weather and they can get lots of pools put in.  
Instead of a Military discount, they upgraded us to this really nice filter that holds a chlorine cartridge that lasts for two weeks or more.  The pink thing above it comes with it to to keep the bottom of the pool clean.  
They upgraded us to steps instead of a ladder too...they said we could have these, but then said we could pick from some others, so we picked some we liked better. We only need the step part, because the stairs will connect to our deck

We read our Bibles.  I sat outside and ate my oatmeal.  It was in the 60's when I got up.  Such a beautiful morning.  Vikki brought me a birdbath she and Rody made for me. It is beautiful!  She hung it in the tree for me.  Bill sold our pool.  He just put it in last night and he had 45 responses.   A girl and her little 5 yr. old boy who reminded me of Isaac, came and wanted it.  Bill and I had it all ready and laid out by the trailer.  She liked it, so we loaded it in the trailer and followed her to her house where we unloaded it.  We wore our masks and social distanced.  She paid 350 for the pool and another 30 to deliver it.  We stopped at Beattie Pools on our way home.  It was curb side only and a masked person came out to help us.  They were super careful and social distancing which was great.  Their prices were super high and they wanted 1,500 to 2,500 just to install a pool.  We left there and decided to go to Macksoods.  They only let two  us and another customer they were helping in.  All were wearing face masks and being careful.  We picked out a pool we liked and Bill asked if they did Military discounts.  The guy said he couldn't do a discount, but would see what he could do.  He came back and said he would give us a free upgrade and upgraded the filter, gave us an automatic vacuum that keeps the bottom of the pool clean, and also gave us steps instead of a ladder.  He was super nice.  They had hand sanitizer around for us to use and also had spray they used to disinfect.  Only 390 for them to install the pool.  We were pretty happy about that.  
They can't put it in until the end of July, unless the weather is really good and we don't get a lot of rain.  Then it will be quicker.  We are praying for good weather.  When we got home, I walked around and checked on my plants.  I did some weeding too.  In the evening, I cleaned the fifth wheel and scrubbed floors.  It feels good to have that done.  Made popcorn for Bill, and I had a bowl of strawberries for our snack.  

No comments: