Monday, July 6, 2020

Day 112, Monday, 7/6/20, Drove from the campground to Alpena. Went to Presque Isle and the light house.

Sign we came to when we got there
Peyton and Isaac
Isaac and Peyton...this boat was by the lighthouse
Vikki, Isaac and Peyton eating lunch
Isaac, Peyton and me eating our lunch
Isaac and Peyton at Oscoda Roadside Swim


Peyton and Isaac 
Nana and Isaac...My flip flop just broke walking in those rocks
Isaac, Peyton and I finding rocks by the lighthouse rocky beach. Not fun to walk on
Right in the middle at the top is a snake coming up from under a rock
That's the snake as he was swimming away from me.  I almost stepped on it when I first saw it. Yikes
Picture of Adam back at our house working on the deck

Jacob and Adam helping Papa do the bottom of the deck which would be really hard for Papa with his knee replacements.  Such great workers and such loving grandsons

Jacob, Bill and Adam doing FaceTime with Kimmy
Peyton and Isaac looking at their rocks
Me holding my rocks
Peyton with her rocks
Isaac looking at his rocks
Vikki with her tons of rocks
My Pat Hand, Winning Hand
Drove from the campground to Alpena.  Went to Presque Isle and the light house.  We had our picnic lunch we packed at a picnic table across the road from Lake Huron.  When we were done, we looked for Petosky Stones, fossils and rocks in Lake Huron.  Found some nice ones. It was hard walking on all those rocks.  I was in the water walking and saw a Northern Michigan Water Snake. Yikes!  Lots of little spiders on the rocky shore.  It was super hot out so we decided to head back and Stop in Oscoda for a roadside swim.  Lots of waves today.  We came back and had new neighbors pull in.  We always pray for the neighbors we get.  Well Vicki and Eric Kowalewski and there three sweet girls parked next to us.  While they were setting up, we put our rocks in water and looked them all over.  So much fun.  Vicki and Eric have to work for the next two days, so the kids stayed here with their grandparents.  Vikki and I played 3-13.  She was the winner, but I got a pat hand, winning hand on the ace round.  I won at dice when I threw five ones and got two thousand points.  We talked to Melissa a few times, and also talked to Kimmy.  Texted With Bill and Adam.  Jacob, Adam and Papa worked hard oh the hot sun on our deck bottom.  It looks great!  So thankful they helped Bill so much doing all that bending and crawling.  Adam said they got four swims in today and said they had fun.  He beat papa at chess!  I love my precious family!

No comments: