Monday, July 27, 2020

Day 133, 7/27/2020, Did the newsletter, Vikki, Peyton and Isaac came over to swim, Bill had elder's meeting, I watered garden

Bill drilled the rest of the holes for the cable in the deck posts
Peyton, Papa throwing Isaac in the water
Peyton, Papa and Isaac enjoying pool time

Sat on the deck and ate my oatmeal, then read my Bible and prayed out there too.  Did the newsletter for Faith Riders.  Trimmed some on the tree out front by the sidewalk.  Got lots done, but will finish tomorrow when it is cooler.  Vikki called and came over with the kids to swim.  We heard sirens and saw an ambulance go by our house.  We got out of the pool and saw the flashers down the road a mile.  Vikki and the kids went in the car to check it out.  It was at a business and there was a firetruck and rescue vehicle besides the ambulance which had it's back doors open.  The kids had fudge bars when they got back.  We sat on the back deck with Bill and visited for a while and then it started sprinkling.  It looked dark all around us.  Vikki and kiddos left and we put cushions away and covered the pool.  We never got more than sprinkles, but Vikki said it poured at her house.  I looked on the radar and it looked like Kimmy's place was getting a good downpour.  Kenzie called me to ask me what kind of air conditioner we had.  She also sent some cool pictures of her fish and shrimp.  She looked at a house with Melissa Gager, who is a realtor now, and then went to her house and spent time with her kids.  Melissa has always loved Kenzie.  I was happy they got to spend time together.  I made up burger patties and potatoes and Bill cooked them on the grill.  He cooked everything perfectly.  Yum!  He left for an elder's meeting and I watered the garden.  I made cucumbers with vinegar the way my mom and great grandma always did. Yum.  

No comments: