Thursday, July 23, 2020

Day 129, 7/23/2020, Went to Kimmy's, Bill made the backside door to the deck, Stained the deck with Vikki, Peyton and Isaac helped Bill with cable on deck and lots of other stuff



 Got the deck boards under the steps done.
The deck looks great all stained.  Vikki did the big end and I did the smaller end

Peyton (taller than Isaac because of the stool and happy about it)!  Isaac maybe not so happy about it lol

Vikki and the kids came over at 8:30 a.m. and we both drove our cars to Kimmy and Jared's. We weeded the garden, watered blueberries and plants, weeded the flower beds, checked pool, and checked animals.  Gave the cats some attention too!  Isaac did and absolutely amazing job helping weed the garden.  Peyton took a while to get with it, but was tired from not sleeping good last night. She picked up speed after a while and did good then.  Isaac kept at it the whole time.  He said it was fun several times.  There were lots of weeds right by the plants, but we got them pulled.  It is so nice to help Kimmy and Jared as they do so much to help us always.  Their garden looks beautiful and is super huge this year.  It is pretty amazing to see how wonderful all the plants look.  Vikki went home to shower and eat lunch and then came over to our house to help.  Bill had the back side door of the deck done and it looks beautiful.  He has sure made the deck look great. Vikki and I worked on staining the deck.  Kimmy and family called from Eagle River today.  I missed the call because we were up on the deck staining it and I took my watch off because I didn't want to get stain on it and my phone was on the lower deck.  Didn't hear it because we had music playing.  Bummer.  They left a really sweet message.  I sure was sad I missed their call.  I sure loved their massage though.  I miss them so much and can't wait to talk to them.  Vikki and I got the deck floor around the pool done.  She sure is a hard worker and a great help always.  She did the big side of the deck.  It was like she was super woman.  Afterward, she used my brush to touch up and said her brush was so much better and held more stain.  We all (except Bill) went for a nice swim after we had and ice cream break.  We moved the pool steps and put a ladder up so we can still use the pool while we can't use the deck for two days.  Bill worked on the deck while we stained, and Peyton and Isaac helped him a lot.  It was cute how he taught them things and they were right there asking what they could do to help.  After Vikki and the kids left, we ate.  I realized then that we didn't do the deck under the steps.  I did it after I finished eating.  I sure found out how wonderful Vikki's paint brush was. Wow!  It made the job so much easier.  It was nice having it so cool and nice out too.  It didn't take long.  I talked to Vikki part of the time while I was doing it because Isaac called me.  She offered to come help me, but I didn't have much left to do.  She worked so hard today!  I know how tired she was as I was tired out myself.  I missed talking with Melissa today.  I plan on calling her tomorrow and dropping by to see her at a distance.  I am so blessed with a wonderful family!  I sure love them!


No comments: