Friday, August 19, 2022

Friday, 8/19/22, Brielle got to go home, Took Peyton and Isaac home, Went to cousin Jack's memorial

 

A very happy day...Baby Brielle got to go home from the NICU today
My cousin Jack's memorial service at Great Lakes Cemetery...My cousin, Jim in turquoise, his wife Julie, son Steve and girlfriend in front of us.
Luncheon at Jack's house, (now Steve's House) afterward
My great niece's little guy.  He looks just like my sister, Linda, and my nephew Mark when they were babies...so cute!

Really tall sunflowers this year

I got up early because I knew Hailey had to leave early for BayShore, and I wanted to see her off.  She didn't want any breakfast, so just got ready and we said goodbye.  I sure am glad she could stay with us last night.  She will be off to college next week.  Sure will miss her.  I went and picked up a paper from Vikki's doctor for her.  Then I came home and read the Love Chapter in the Bible to Peyton and Isaac.  We packed their stuff in the car and left at about 10:30 to take them home.  Stopped and got a car wash on our way.  I'm glad Bill drives through them for me.  I went in to see Vikki for a few minutes.  Lucy jumped right on her and hurt her.  I had to get Bill to come in and help her sit up.  Poor Vikki.  Lucy doesn't usually even jump up on furniture.  We headed to Great Lakes National Cemetery after that. The service was very short...a flag folding, Jack's Brother Jim said a few words, then they told them it was time we needed to leave because another funeral was coming.  Move em in and move em out!!!  There was no chaplain or pastor present.  Very weird.  We went to Jack's house for grilled burgers and salads.  Had a nice talk with my cousin Jim.  Jack left his house to their son, Steve, who had moved in and took care of Jack 5 years.  Now Steve is having his mom and dad who are in their 80's, move in with him so he can take care of them.  He is a very caring person.  He greeted me with a big hug.  I haven't seen him since he was a little kid.  The burger was rare...YUK!  I ate the salad's and very edge of the burger that was cooked good, then left the rest.  Bill didn't take one of the cooked burgers because they had cheese melted on them.  He waited and made sure Steve's son cooked his well done.  Smart guy I married.  I sat next to Aunt Pat on the Slasinski side.  I remember her from when I was a kid.  We talked a lot and she shared about her husband's brain surgery, and then about their accident where a drunk driver hit them.  They have been having many health issues since then.  I asked if I could pray for her and she wanted me to right there in the living room.  I am continuing to pray for her and her husband Jim.  

We left and headed home.  We were looking for an ice cream place and found a Dairy Queen in Grand Blanc.  I got a banana split and Bill got a hot fudge sundae.  I just wanted something to make me forget that rare burger.  This did the trick.  

I talked with Vikki, Melissa and Kimmy and texted my daily texting with Adam.

No comments: