Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Tues., 12/23/22, Peyton, Isaac and Evan's first day of school today. Jack tested positive still for Covid so couldn't go.

 

Isaac and Peyton's first day of 5th grade



Evan's first day of 6th grade

Vikki's new cabinet


I picked Peyton and Isaac up at 7:10 and took them to school.  Vikki can't drive for two weeks so I get to see them and pray with them on the way to school.  Yay!  I came home, told Bill good morning and gave him a kiss, then he was off to pick up Alex and pick up a cute coffee cabinet for Vikki.  She wasn't going to get it because she didn't want to bother Bill.  I showed her where I thought it should go and talked her into getting it.  It sure is nice now that Rody made it really sturdy and she put all of her stuff on it.  

I cleaned the living room, dining room and bathroom downstairs.  I notice spill stains on the carpet, so got my shampooer out.  It made the carpet look like new.  At noon, I picked up Turkey, Bacon and Avocado wraps for Vikki and I from Coty's.  We ate them, but got full pretty fast, so save half for later.  Rody came home for a few minutes.  It was nice to see him.  Vikki and I sat out on the porch for a while, then I came home to do more cleaning.  Stopped and picked up frosting for Rody's birthday cake Peyton is making him tomorrow.  
At 2, I went to pick up the kids.  I got out and they came running over to me.  We talked to Vikki on the way home.  She called to hear about their day.  We both were excited to hear how it went.  They both had a great day, and liked their teachers.

I made BLT's for dinner when I got home.  Love fresh tomatoes out of the garden.  
I went to intercessory prayer in the evening.  We worshipped, then Mikayla, our youth leader at church, came and shared about what God did during the Youth campout/serve/and VBS at our church.  God moved in an amazing way and the youth had an amazing worship night...two songs were planned, but they worshipped until 3 in the morning so added extra.  We prayed for Mikayla and prayed for the kids she is teaching.  What a sweet person she is.

Came home and Bruce and Max stopped over to pick up some Nesquick I picked up at Sam's Club for them.  Vader stayed in the car because Kit Kat met them when they pulled in the driveway.  Cats rule I guess lol.  They left, and I face timed with Vikki to see her cabinet all done with the stuff on it.  It looks great and sure will be handy to have.  I cut up a watermelon after that.  It sure is red and juicy.  YUM!  I texted with Adam a few times today, talked to Kimmy and Melissa too.
 


No comments: