Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Tues., 8/16/22, Spent the day school and dorm shopping with Hailey and Melissa...so much fun!

 

Me and Hailey at Coco Loco's eating our favorite meal...Beef and Bean Nachos...1/2 order each
This is what happens when you go to the bathroom and leave your phone on the table ha ha!





Hailey shopping

Me, Hailey and Melissa in Kohls
Melissa, Hailey and I with Old Navy in the background

Read my Bible out on the deck.  It was a beautiful morning.  I walked down the steps of the deck to go turn on the pool filter, and two young deer came running by me only about 5 feet from me.  They sure scared me.  They ran back to the neighbors.  I wish I would have my camera ready.  Kit Kat didn't even move off the swing.  

I left to pick up Hailey for school shopping and lunch.  I stopped at Walmart first to get a flower pot that you can water from the bottom for Melissa's peace plant.  Mine do so good watering them from the bottom.  I couldn't find any potting soil, so will have to get some of that before we can transplant it.  I picked Hailey up at Melissa's and we went to the Mall and walked through some stores.  She only found one top she liked there.  We went to Coco Loco's at 11:30 for lunch.  We came back to my house so I could show Hailey some dishes I have so she could see if she wanted a few for her dorm.  She did, so we packed those up.  Melissa wanted us to wait and pick her up after that, so we headed to get her.  We stopped at McDonalds, and Melissa got some food and both of us got free Frappe's.  Hailey didn't want one.  After that,  we went to Target, Kohl's, Old Navy, Bath and Body Works and TJ Max.  Hailey ended up finding lots of nice things to wear and also things for her dorm.  It's always so much fun shopping with her each year.  I saw some outfits that looked like what I wore when I was in high school.  I showed them to Hailey and of course she kind of laughed at the styles.  Plaids and pleats were in back then.  It sure brought back memories of my grandma taking me school shopping.  We were sure happy Melissa could go with us again this year.  She's so much fun to have along.  We all had such a nice time.  When we got back to Melissa's, we went through everything with Hailey again and we watched her open up her Amazon packages with her dorm stuff in it.  I came home and set the live trap and staked it in this time.  It tipped the cage over last night and got the food without getting caught.  I am out smarting it tonight.  We ate goulash, then I ran Melissa and Hailey some to have.  Bill decided to cut the lawn after we ate.  Vikki, Peyton and Isaac stopped over to get her chair and get the fair money we had for them.  We always give each grandkid who goes to the fair $20.  We used to all go, but because of Melissa and Bruce camping during fair time, and Covid, we haven't been able to go.  It was nice today that Vikki and the twins, and Kimmy and her boys and Jack and Evan got to go ride the rides.  Jacob went with his friends today.

Listened to good worship music in the evening.  Amazing worship!  



No comments: