Thursday, August 25, 2022

Friday, 8/26/22, Hailey moved into her dorm at CMA today, Made pancakes for breakfast, Jacob, Eli and I went to say goodbye to Hailey, Kimmy came over, Vikki, Peyton and Isaac came over, Kimmy and all the kids helped us close the pool. A big thank you to you all!

Eli, me, Jacob and Hailey
Eli and Hailey hugging
Jacob and Hailey doing their funny hug
Hailey and me hugging....I couldn't help but cry.  I am sure going to miss her! Love this girl so much!

Me and Hailey

Eli, Isaac, Peyton and Jacob
Jacob, Isaac and Peyton eating lunch
The kids playing and hanging out
Eli, Peyton, Isaac, Jack, Max and Vader
Jacob, Evan and Isaac

Jared and Bill working on fixing the truck

Isaac, Eli, Jack, Jacob, Max, Adam and Evan

Evan, Adam, Isaac, Eli peeking through, and Jack by our tall Sunflowers

Jack and Isaac

Adam

Evan

Adam, Peyton and Evan

All the boy cousins and Peyton
Hailey at CMU
Hailey with her dorm all organized
Her favorite stuffed animals she's loved for a long time
Bruce and Hailey

Hailey's roommate, Allison and Hailey...1st day meeting in person


Melissa, Hailey and Bruce...There is only one elevator that one cart could fit into.  They moved all of her stuff up to the 4th floor.  Not too speedy with that elevator, but they finished in time.  They were on a schedule because of the parking lot.





From the right....Max, Isaac, Adam, Peyton, and Evan.  Jack and Eli in the background on the left
Evan helping with the cover in the tiny spaces
Jacob helping with the pool cover

Instead of sleeping in, we all got up pretty early.  Charlie picked Bill up to go out for coffee. I made pancakes for breakfast, then the boys and I went to say goodbye to Hailey.  She has all of her stuff packed and Bruce and Melissa are helping her move into her dorm today.  We gave each other a few big hugs...just what I needed.  I couldn't help but cry.  I will miss her so much.  I sure am proud of her though and very proud of her for finding a good church that preaches the Word of God in truth and making plans for her spiritual growth.  Her friends she met at BayShore even said they want her to be on their worship team.  Hailey told me she wanted to do worship, then God opened the door.  
Kimmy came over to spend the day and help with the pool.  Vikki, Peyton and Isaac came shortly after.  Kimmy got us right at working on the pool.  She is such a worker and has a servant's heart, always helping others.  Everyone helped and it wasn't long before the pool was ready to put chemicals in and close.  Kimmy even made sure the pool deck furniture was put away for the winter.  She sprayed down the filter and got it so clean it was amazing.
We ate lunch, then Kimmy started working on bondo preparing Vikki's car and painting it.  It looks amazing.  Vikki was here and missed helping with the pool, but she can't do anything because of her surgery.  Kimmy, Vikki and Peyton went to pick up Adam from school, and Eli, Isaac and I went to pick up Evan and Jack from school.  Jack was so excited when he saw Eli.  When we got back, we got the pool covered.  Having so many help made it so easy.  Evan crawled in the small space between the deck and the pool and secured the cover there. Then they all had fun hanging out together and playing.  Kenzie called me and talked to me for a while.  I sure loved talking to her.  I have been missing her lots.  Jared came over when he got out of work.  Jacob and I went and picked up pizza and breadsticks.  We all ate, then Bill and Jared worked on fixing a noise by the truck wheel.  It is still making a noise.  Praying it's an easy inexpensive fix.  Melissa face timed us and showed us Hailey's dorm.
They met her two of her roommates and liked them.  Allison who will be sharing a room with Hailey was super nice and Hailey texted me later to let me know they took dance lessons together when they were 3 and 4 years old.  They were in the same recital.  It sure is a small world!  Hailey sent me a video of her dorm and it has her waving to us in the mirror. I always do that when I take a video of our hotel room and send it to the girls.  God sure answered our prayers.  Hailey said she is doing great when I asked her.  

Jacob and Adam were partners and Bill and I were partners for Skip Bo.  They beat us by about 1 card.  We couldn't believe it was so close.  We had so much fun and laughed lots.  We snacked on red licorice while we played.  We watched the movie Fireproof afterwards. It's such a great movie.  

No comments: