Sunday, August 14, 2022

Sunday, 12/14/22, Happy 52nd Birthday Joel! We love you! Went to church, picked Joel up and went to Baskin and Robins for ice cream

 

Joel got in and out of my Prius pretty good.
Me, Joel and Bill
Happy Birthday Joel!
We got hot fudge sundaes to celebrate Joel's birthday

Bill and Joel going around the flea market in Bay City.  

Birthday cake we got Joel to share with his friends 

We went to prayer, then into the church service.  Hailey sat with us and so did Vikki and the kids.  Rody worked in the tech room.  They showed pictures of the serve week and VBS.  It was nice seeing the pictures.  Nice seeing Vikki in them this year.  She was an amazing helper.  After that, we went to help out with the kids in kids church.  The time went by so fast.  I was so blessed to have one of the kids I was assigned to pray for for Sports Camp all week.  He doesn't have a church affiliation, so I was happy to see him there.  He was so sweet and sure loves Jesus!  

After church, we went to pick up Joel.  We had left a message to see if we could take him to lunch.  No one responded, so when we got there we talked to the girls working.  Joel had just finished eating a BLT, but they told us we could take him out for cake and ice cream.  We took him in our Prius and went to Baskin's and Robins.  We were the only customers in there.  The workers were all so nice.  They got the door for us when they saw us coming and took pictures for us.  Bill and Joel got hot fudge sundaes and I got a banana royal!   YUM!
After we finished there, I called to see if it was ok if we walked Joel around the flea market they were having down by the river.  Joel enjoyed that too.  Bill and I took turns pushing him. He's always so thankful and polite.  We got him some kettle corn to take back with him.  We also stopped at Kroger and bought a cake for him to share when he got back home.
We had fun with him.  He sure is a joy to be around.  He's just like family and we sure do love him.  We took him back, and they were happy to see he had a cake to share with them.

Roy called me to tell me he and Marie stopped into a gas station on their way home from church and got gas for 3.25.  He was so happy and excited to tell me about it.  It was the same gas station, Vikki told me about where I got the great price (for these days) on gas.
It was so special of him to call and want to let me know.

I talked to Kimmy, Vikki and Melissa and texted with Adam.  We sure are missing Adam.  

Baby Brielle is in a crib now and is eating at 58%.  When she starts eating consistently at 80-90%, she gets to go home.  I can't wait for them to have her home with them.  We sure are praying.  



No comments: