Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Wed., 12/24/22, Happy Birthday Rody! We love you! Jack's first day of 8th grade! Took Peyton and Isaac to school and picked them up, Celebrated Rody's birthday, Bill caught two Voles in the traps

 

Happy Birthday Rody! We love you!  We are so thankful that you are part of our family!

Jack looking very handsome for his first day of school.  Sure do love this grandson!


Bill, Peyton, Rody, Isaac, me and Vikki celebrating Rody's Birthday
Peyton, Rody, Vikki and Isaac

Vikki making my coffee at her new Coffee Bar.  
Eating our cake and ice cream
Isaac put on a piano concert for us.  He plays by ear and is amazing.  Great gift from the Lord since he loves worship!

Isaac and Peyton when I picked them up this morning.  Love spending time with these great kiddos on the way to school!
Bill, Peyton, me and Isaac

Big Voles Bill caught in the traps today.  They sure do a lot of damage to lawns.

I picked Peyton and Isaac up and took them to school.  They were ready and waiting on the porch.  We always have a nice time talking and praying on the way to school.  I came home and baked a blueberry pie to have when Wes and Gayla come.  Cleaned the family room too.  Also washed down tables outside and blew off the deck.  Went out on the deck and read my Bible and spent time with the Lord.  Saw a couple of orioles at the feeder, so I put new oriole food in it.  I also saw one at the grape jelly feeder, so I washed and filled it.  

I was sitting on the deck talking to Vikki, when Wes and Gayla came walking out by me with Bill.  They joined me on the deck and we all had a fun visit.  We ate pie and ice cream which tasted yummy!  My alarm went off at 2 and they left and I headed to pick Peyton and Isaac up.  They saw my car and came out to it right away.  

When I got home, Bill showed me the voles he caught.  They were really big ones!  We took a short hour nap, and when I woke up to my alarm, I was a little panicky because I saw how bright it was outside.  I thought it was morning and thought I had slept too late to get Peyton and Isaac on time because if was so light out.  Ha ha, it was just an alarm to start grilling potatoes and burgers to take for Rody's birthday.  Glad it was that.  When everything was done, we took the food and some watermelon and ice cream over to celebrate.  I wanted to make a meal for Vikki since she had surgery and have been too busy, and I also didn't want Rody to have to make his own birthday dinner, so it worked out great.  We had such a nice time and enjoyed listening to Isaac play lots of songs on the piano.  Peyton was showing me how she was making a cute bracelet.  She does a great job.    I talked to Melissa to hear about Jack's first day at school.  He loved being back at school with his friends.  I talked to Kimmy and Jacob and Eli are spending the night tomorrow night, and Adam is spending the night on Friday night.  Yay!  I am so happy to have them come and so is papa.  Melissa called me later to see if I had a picture of all the addresses I wrote down for them when we were doing graduation party invitations.  She accidentally erased her picture of it and so did I.  After looking for a while, I found the original.  We were both sure happy about that.  


No comments: