Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Got to see this sweetie today!  

Evan's finger is bandaged because he burned his finger really bad on the lawnmower.  Looks terrible. My poor baby!!!

Transplanted my cactus today and put it in the vase Jacob made me.'

These flowers from Peyton, Isaac and Kenzie are growing like crazy.  I put them in the sun and they all lean toward the sun.  I turn them the other direction and in a short time they are all leaning toward the sun again.  Fun to watch.

Bill, Dennis Ward, Roy, and Dennis Watkins carrying in goodie bags to give the vets at the VA Hospital.

Our care group family had so much fun serving the Vets tonight.  Jeff Eagle called the bingo numbers and we helped the vets play, read off their numbers to be sure it was a bingo and then gave them 4 quarters for each bingo.  $5.00 for a cover all and the last one that said bingo got $12.00. So much fun for us and them.
 We weren't allowed to take any pictures of the heroes we were helpingWe had lots of opportunities to talk and share Jesus with the vets.  A few confessed Jesus as Lord, One talked to me about his faith and said he wished he would have become a Christian a long time ago.  He said he loves talking about Jesus.  Such a blessing for me to talk to him and hear this.  One wanted prayer.  Another swore and then apologized for it.  We had such a great turn out for this.  The workers there asked lots of questions about our church and were very interested about it.  Thanking God for these opportunities he puts before us.





Some of these girl leaned on the bingo ball holder and it started to fall.  Amanda caught it and the rest of us worked on getting the board up and back in place that it set on.  So funny that it took so many to fix it.

Great guys who love the Lord.  Dad did a great job leading everything.


Got up at 4:10 a.m. and got ready so we could pray for Sue before her surgery.  We got up there and got to visit for about 45 minutes.  Left to go to our breakfast.  Only had 4 of us there because Sue was having surgery, Andy was having a scope on his knee, Wes and Gayla are headed to Maryland.  After breakfast I stopped at Melissa's.   Couldn't believe how bad Evan's burn was.  Felt so bad for him.  He's blessed to have a mommy that is so good at bandaging it up and keeping it clean.  Melissa and I had fun spending time together and doing some cleaning.  It sure was cold when I left there.  It was warm at 5 in the morning.  I checked on Sue and the surgery went well.  Thinks he got all the cancer but will know more after the Path. tests.  Could take a week as her dr. will be out of town now.  
Came home and charged my bluetooth speaker to take tonight to the VA hospital.  I got all the bags packed in the car too.  We met Vicki Taylor, Dennis Ward, Dennis Watkins, Roy and Marie Newberry, and Kim Seager at Levi's for dinner.  I had a yummy chicken salad and Bill had spaghetti.
At 6:30 we got to the VA hospital.  We went up and talked for a while with the vets, then we prayed and sang a song.  Kim Seager wasn't going to come, but we talked her into it.  Well the speakers that they had at the hospital didn't work with Kim Reminde's computer so the sound was really low.  Kim Seager is a beautiful singer so she led the music instead for us.  Thank you Lord.  Also, one vet got upset and said he was leaving because we were having them clear their cards.  Kim was right by him and was able to talk him in to staying.  He had lots of fun then and was happy again.  Guess she was meant to be there.  It was so much fun helping the vets with their cards and giving them the quarters when they won.  No matter what condition they were in, they seemed to just be enjoying the hour so much.  I remember how much Bill loved bingo when he was in the VA hospital.  Can't wait to do this again!


This plant is growing and doing great.  I transplanted it to.  Beautiful!


4 comments:

Vikkis Blog said...

Looks like you guys had a good time! I sure missed you today haha, I'm having mom withdrawals lol
Your plant is crazy haha I can't believe it's already that big!

Melissa said...

It was so nice spending time with you. Thanks for helping me clean my house. It was fun working together. :) I LOVE YOU!!!

mom s said...

I am blessed to have 3 sweet daughters who love to spend time with me and I love to spend time with them. Thank you Jesus for my girls!mo

mom s said...

Don't know where the mo after girls came from. Ha Ha Maybe I want mo