Saturday, September 23, 2017

9/20/17..went for a bike ride, went swimming, Sightseeing with Vikki and Terry

I enjoyed the pool all to myself this morning.  It was so warm and nice and beautiful outside

Love how the whole end is steps so you have lots of room to get in.  The pool holds 167 people


Kiddie pool isn't getting used so is pretty dirty


We went to a light house museum, but walked down to walk by the water first.  Bill walking down the ramp

Terry walking down the ramp with Vikki's purse...we laughed about that


Bill, Vikki and Terry on our walk

A nice guy who was an army veteran offered to take our picture together

This is the army veteran with Bill.  His wife wanted to get a picture of the two of them so I took one too.  He was so nice...had a great personality

The water was beautiful along our walk


Vikki and Terry

I didn't know Bill was going to do the same pose...I was laughing because I was just going to stand next to him and then he pulled me over and put his arms around me.  What a cutie!

The Lighthouse museum...It was $5 to go through it so none of us wanted to pay it.  There are lots of free lighthouses to go through

Uncle Terry redid the guest bathroom and took out the bathtub and put a  tile shower in.  This floor he put down in the kitchen, foyer, hallway and this bathroom.  It was beautiful

Shelves built in inside the shower.  He does amazing work!


We ate here and it was the best Salmon I have ever tasted.  YUM!  Close to the State Park in Muskegon

View outside the restaurant


Took a shower in the camper.  There is city water in the campground so it smells great and there is lots of water pressure.  Went on a bike ride after breakfast and then Bill read his book while I went for a swim.  There was a lady sun tanning, but I had the pool all to myself.  Such a big pool here.  The water temperature was 80 degrees and it was in the 80's so it was wonderful.  Spent 40 minutes swimming and moving so got lots of exercise.  Came back to the camper at noon and was going to make lunch.  Just finished changing and Vikki and Terry came to get us.  She had tried to call me, but I didn't check my phone while I was at the pool.  They were supposed to pick us up at one so didn't expect a call.  Terry was having allergy problems so made a doctor appt.  They came early and we went to his dr. office and waited in the waiting room with Vikki.  We went to Taco Bell for lunch and then went driving around by Whitehall.  Went along White lake and stopped at a lighthouse museum. Walked along the water and out to the bay.  It was so beautiful.  A couple men came by and offered to take a picture of the four of us.  He had been in the army and was so happy to talk to Bill.  We walked farther and the same two men were with their wives and were taking a pic of three so dad offered to take all four.  Then they took a picture of the one who was in the army and dad.  This guy had a great personality.  We didn't go in the light house museum because it was $5 each.  Drove by Duck Lake and then went to the Bear Lake Tavern for dinner.  Vikki and I had Salmon, a baked potato and steamed veggies.  It was the best salmon I've ever had and they give you a huge piece.  The guys had perch ad fries.  We came back to Vik and Ter's house and visited.  They brought us back to the campground.  Terry's allergies were pretty bad so he was going to get to bed a little earlier.  Didn't sleep good last night because of his allergies. It was dark out, but Bill built a fire and him and I sat by it for a while.  Played 3-13.  He won!

No comments: