Saturday, September 23, 2017

9/21/17...Went for a bike ride, played mini golf, swam, went with Vikki and Terry to Saugatuck and South Haven and then back to their house to visit and have ice cream



Beautiful golf course and pond

Lots of challenging holes..uphill and curvy

Bill Golfing.  I wish they would have put the little rubber pads down on the golf course at Standish. Sure would have lasted better.

Bill in the pool

Me in the pool

Bill swimming

Bill reading his book
Vikki in Saugatuck
Saugatuck

South Haven was beautiful

Vikki, Terry, me and Bill in South Haven

This is the restaurant we ate in.  It was great food! Vikki and I were sitting on a bench facing it, so I took a picture
So funny because Vikki turned around and saw our Bill and Terry sitting across the street facing the other direction looking for us.

Vikki yelled at them and they turned around and saw us

Cute how they quickly headed over to us
Bill shopping...he found two shirts in this store and was pretty happy.  Vikki, Terry and I all found sweatshirts we loved but all they had were smalls and a couple of mediums.  

We ate and then I went on a bike ride while he read.  His knee is hurting so he didn't go with me.  After that we went putt putt golfing.  It is an 18 hole course with lots of big hills to hit the ball up with curves at the top.  Bill beat me by six and was pretty happy.  He wanted to golf again, but we only had time to get our swim in Before Vik and Ter were supposed to pick us up and we were both pretty warm.  It was already 80 when we went golfing.  We had a great swim and relaxed by the pool.  Came back and had lunch.  Vik and Ter got here and they brought lots of baby clothes and stuff for me to donate to His Restoration or Old Town Baby Pantry.  Shani gave her stuff that was James to donate too.  We went with them to Saugatuck and Vikki and I went through shops while the guys walked along the water.  We all met up in town then and left.  Went to South Haven next and walked down by the water.  It was absolutely beautiful down by the water.  A nice lady volunteered her husband to take a picture of the four of us.  Vik and I went through stores while the guys walked around and also got coffe at a coffee shop.  They said it was terrible.  Vik and I found a store that is closing and had everything marked down 75'%.  We got stuff for The shoe boxes we are doing for Samaritans Purse.  Also picked up something for each grandkid's Easter basket.  We went through more stores and then went in the shade and sat on a bench by the Clementine Restaurant where we were going to eat.  I texted Bill to let him know we were waiting there.  We sat there quite a while talking and then Vikki looked behind us across the street and the guys were sitting on a bench there that faced the stores.  I got my camera ready and we yelled over to them.  So funny that we were all sitting with our backs to each other waiting to see each other.  When they came over to where we were, Bill said he never got my text.  That's because I sent it to Vikki's phone which she left in the car.  We had a good laugh about that too.  Vikki and I had salmon and Bill got perch and Terry got walleye and they shared.  The food was really good.  Bill liked his perch better than last night, but Vikki and I liked last night's salmon the best.  We went to their house again and visited and then ate ice cream with all the toppings.  They brought us back to the campground after that and Bill and I played 3-13 and talked to Vikki on the phone.  She made me lose the game!  Not really as I was doing awful before I started talking to her.

No comments: