Tuesday, September 12, 2017

9/12/17...Happy Birthday to my dad who is in heaven! Sure do miss him! Nice walk with Melissa and Norah this morning, hung out with Vikki in our hammocks by the rail trail, care group potluck at Dennis's

I miss my sweet kind dad so much.  He would be 101 years old today!  I will see him again when I get to heaven.  



Nice walk with Melissa and Nora around Melissa's neighborhood today.


Dennis, Jerry Bill, Marie and Roy at our Care group potluck.  We didn't think to take the picture until just about everyone left.

Saw this on Facebook and loved it!  Amen to knowing whose daughter I am....need to remind myself of this and straighten my crown sometimes
Went to breakfast at Sullivan's.  Twelve of us there today.  Melissa called and invited me to come try a carrot cake muffin she made, so I stopped on my way home.  I watched the news she had taped of Bikes on the Bricks showing our group riding.  After that we ate our muffins, which were moist and very delicious, and then went on a walk around the subdivision.  Melissa pushed Nora in the stroller.
Melissa sure can walk fast....just my speed.  Amazing when you think of her not being able to walk at all for so long.  God is so awesome and so good!  I left and went to pick up some groceries at Kroger's and Jacks.  Came home and made my casserole for my dish to pass at tonights care group potluck.  Also made an apple crisp.  I heard a big crash and looked in the utility room and the light fixture opened up and the florescent bulb I had put in the other day, fell to the floor and there was glass everywhere.  What a mess to clean up.  Guess I will be patient and wait for Bill to put them in next time.  I finished sweeping the mess up and Sue stopped in.  We visited for a while and then Vikki called to see if I was still coming to hang out in our hammocks.  Good think she called as I had forgotten.  I packed us sandwiches and trail mix packets and went to meet her.  She was already hanging in her hammock.  I put mine up and we had our lunch and visited.  Such a nice day!  So happy that Vikki loves her job so much.  Congratulations to Kimmy who got the permanent job at the boy's schools.  They will both be a blessing to the schools.  Great hours to be with their kids and have summers off together too.  We had a good turn out at out care group potluck.  Marie, Roy, Jerry, Kay, Susan, Nancy, Randy, Merijo, Greg, Bill, me and Dennis were there. Dennis had it at his house and it was very nice.  The food was great and we had fun together and also prayed together.


2 comments:

Lela said...

Thanks for the kImmy news. I was wondering about that a lot. Now I know...Yahoo for Kimmy.

Mom/Nana Schaard said...

You are welcome!