Friday, September 8, 2017

9/8/17....Happy Anniversary to us! Wow 44 years already. God is good!

 Happy Anniversary to us!  YAY!  44 blessed years together!  So thankful to God that He brought us together and we have had so many wonderful years together.  Thankful for the wonderful family He has given us.
Bill gave me this beautiful card and the little card on the front comes off.  He told me I can carry that with me.  So sweet.  He had this candy bar there with it.  Then he told me there were two in it so we could each have one.  So cute!  
 Bill got up at 5:30 to walk at the Sports Zone.  I slept in.  When he got home he had a long list of people in the Marine Corp League he had to call to get volunteers.  I called Melissa to see if she wanted to walk the rail trail with me.  She did so we met by the township hall.  We walked over two miles and then were going to leave when she mentioned the nature walk by her house.  We decided to go there and walk a little too.  It was beautiful and so peaceful.  She took a path to the right and after we had walked a long way, decided it was the wrong path.  (It reminded me of when I took my mom on the wrong path and instead of it being a short cut like I told her, we ended walking at least 4 miles)  We walked back to our starting point and went down the other trail and then found the right trail she wanted that took us over the bridge and to the hill.
We took this selfie

Melissa by the bridge

This is the hill we climbed but it doesn't look as steep in the picture.  We passed two paths up the hill because they were steep and Melissa said there was a gradual way up that she and Ginny took.  Well, we came to the third path up and decided that was what we should take.  It was pretty steep and we almost slid back with every step.  When we made it to the top, we looked and could see the easy way up we should have taken.  We had lots of laughs though.

This was the gradual way we could have taken to get up the hill.

The hill from the top looking down

Melissa at the top...She would have gone down the hill if she backed up just one step

Me at the top

Me at the bottom

It was a beautiful hike

Went to see Kimmy after she got done working at the school.  I have missed her so was happy to get to spend time with her.  I picked up turkey subs from Subway and we ate lunch together.

I am amazed that Kimmy and Jared made this beautiful rug from the wool they got from their sheep.  It is absolutely beautiful and when I looked at the loom, I couldn't begin to imagine what to do with it without being personally trained.  They are an amazing team!  


Jacob's kitten was so cute.  Sure loved holding him.  When I scratched his tummy, he turned right over and was purring.  

The boy's kittens are adorable!

Left Kimmy's at 3 and came home.  Bill got ready and we went to Outback for our anniversary dinner.  We had steak, baked potatoes, salad and bread.  It was delicious.  We saw Marylynn and her husband there when we left.  We went to Home Depot after that and walked around.  We were going to go to Culver's after that, but by the time we got done we still weren't hungry.  We decided we would do that another time.  We came home and watched a movie while sitting in our new electric loveseat.  

No comments: