Tuesday, September 10, 2019

9/10/10...Finished packing up the pool, Went to the New Home Goods store, Tornado warning and blaring sirens in the evening

Yay, pool is all packed away 

My flowers are looking so pretty





Sky after the tornado warning was over

We went to our breakfast. Good devotion and prayer time.  Came home and washed to vinyl that goes under the pool.  It started raining, so we took the pool into our garage so it would stay dry.  
Came in to read our devotions and Bibles.  After it quit raining, we washed the other side of the vinyl.  Flipped the pool so the inside would be good and dry.  We went to walk through the new Home Goods Store, Sams Club and then got a bowl of soup and a concrete mixer at Culvers.  We came home and folded and packed up the vinyl and the pool and got them put away.  Shortly after that, the clouds started forming and I saw there were tornado warnings in Midland.  I called Kimmy to warn her.  Jacob was at school for a marching band practice, and Jared, Adam and Eli were at the soccer field.  It was cancelled and they were heading home.  I saw on tv the tornado warnings were for Freeland and Saginaw.  The sirens went off and the warnings were until 7:45 here.  I went to the basement, but Bill stayed upstairs to watch.  Kimmy called to let me know Jared, Adam and Eli were home.  Melissa was texting me because she was in a closet with a bunch of people at Valley Lutheran where they were having an open house to meet the teachers.  People kept checking their phones and said there were touchdowns at Midland and Tittabawassee (close to us) and Shattuck and Hospital (close to our church).  Hailey, Max and Jack were at their house by themselves and went in the basement.  I talked to Vikki to make sure she was watching the weather and was aware that it was coming her way.  I was so happy when the warning ended.  Then I called my friend, Vikki, to let her know the storms were headed to Indiantown.  They are in their 90's so wanted to make sure they were warned.  Vikki thanked me and said her parents said to say thank you too.  They were watching the news, but appreciated being thought about.  Then Vikki told me that her granddaughter read the trilogy that Jacob had me read.  I had told Vikki about them when I was reading them.  She was happy because her granddaughter Ava read them and wrote her a note thanking her for giving her them.  She said she loved reading them and really liked that they talked about God a lot.  She's 10 years old, but loves to read.  Talked to Marie and she is having back surgery this Thursday.  Praying for it to be successful so she can walk again.  Talked to each of the girls one more time and then did my blog and went to bed.

No comments: