Sunday, September 8, 2019

Bill at Slo Bones in front of their mascot

Celebrating our 46th wedding anniversary
Bill eating our dessert the waitress surprised us with because of it being our anniversary.  It was yummy!

Bill and I enjoying Frankenmuth
We went into a store called Abby's and Kimmy called us to wish us happy anniversary.  I saw this
fake dog that made me think of Wyatt so I took a picture and sent it to Kimmy.  They were going to Jeannie's Memorial Service.  So sad that she died so young.
Sent Kimmy this picture too.  We both planted Clematis plants this year.  Can't wait until ours get this big and beautiful

Bill and I hooked the hoses up to drain the pool.  Sure was easy to just stick them through the two drainage holes

The pool stayed pretty clean.  We have been gone lots and it hasn't been used
We got up and wished each other Happy Anniversary.  When I got out to the kitchen, there was a card and something wrapped up in Bill's shirt.  (I never thought about using a shirt as wrapping paper ha ha).  When I unwrapped it, it was a travel soft blanket that folds up small for the motorcycle.  He got it for me at the State Rally and surprised me.  Then he told me we had to kiss 46 times today because it's our 46th anniversary.  We went to church early and he went to pray with the elders and I went in the pre service prayer room to pray with the prayer team.  Worship was amazing today.  The Holy Spirit was moving!  The message was really good too.  After we prayed for people at the end of service, Vikki told me she was going to become a member.  It made me so happy.  We had a small group meeting with Paul and Amanda Shaw after service to go over what the small group facilitators need to do and to let us know who will be in our groups.  Love our group already!  After the meeting, Bill and I went to Frankenmuth to celebrate our Anniversary.  We went to eat at Slo Bones.  We had a gift card from a couple Bill had married.   The food was good, but we had a hard time enjoying it because the flies were so bad in the restaurant.  We were constantly swatting.  I got so fed up, I killed 3 with just my hand and napkin.  The waitress apologized and I heard other waitresses apologizing to other people.  Our waitress was very nice and surprised us and brought a ice cream brown cake that was delicious. We were glad to get out of there.  It sure will be a memory though.  We walked around Frankenmuth and went in shops.  They had an art fair there we walked through too.  Looked at some of the old cars that were there for the car show.  We had a really nice time.  We stopped at Bill's sister, Carol.  It was so nice to visit with her.  Called Bill's brother, Fred, when we got home to see how he is doing after his surgery.  He is in a lot of pain and the medicine is making him sick.  We prayed for him and got the girls praying.  We started emptying the water in the pool, so we can take it down tomorrow.  Read our Bibles and watched the Lion's game.


No comments: