Wednesday, September 11, 2019

9/11/19...Sad remembering 9/11 and all the lives lost and sicknesses resulting. I will NEVER Forget!!!

Dropped Bill off to help with the Food Pantry Collection for the one percenters.   Quite a few from the Marine Corp. League were there.  They donated $500 worth of groceries to the pantry.
When Melissa and I got to her house, an ambulance pulled up and they wheeled a stretcher up to her neighbor's house right next door.  They brought Mr. Fisher out on the stretcher with a heart monitor on, and put him in the ambulance.  He's in his 80's, but sure doesn't look it and is always active.  They were doing something to him in the ambulance when another ambulance came and brought something in a big black bag and took it in the original ambulance.  His wife looked nervous and was waiting with her daughter by her vehicle.  Finally she knocked on the ambulance door.  The other ambulance workers came out and so did the driver of his ambulance.  They left then.  Melissa and I were praying right away when we saw the first ambulance of course.

I watched Fox News as they remembered 9/11.  So hard to watch, but very touching to hear the heroic rescues.  I still cry when I watch it.  Loved how our country came together afterward and people were asking for prayer.

I took Melissa a Mocha and donut.  I had my coffee from home which was so good, so didn't get me anything,  We talked a lot about 9/11 and she showed me a video of a friend's cousin with ALS. He is so positive no matter what he goes through.  Loved hearing what he said.  We left and went and picked up Jack from school.  Then we took him to his dr. appt.  He had to get three shots.  Poor boy!  We dropped him back off at school and I went in to give him a motrin Melissa wanted him to have.  He had to take it at the drinking fountain, but managed to swallow it.  Melissa and I went to the lab so she could have her blood checked.  Then we went to Old Town to get coney dogs.  We went to her house to eat.  When we were done, we saw the ambulance pull up.  She called me later to let me know he has to stay in the hospital overnight at least.  He was working in the yard, went in feeling exhausted, laid down on the couch and passed out.  He is going to be ok though.  Praise the Lord.  Bill and I went to DJ's to pick up his truck.  We called all of our small group people to give them our address and let them know we are happy to have them in our group.  Printed off copies of the newsletter for our meeting tomorrow night.  Talked to Marie and Roy.  We will be going up to the hospital in the morning to pray with her before her back surgery.

No comments: