Friday, January 10, 2020

Friday, 1/10/20...Did laundry, cleaned kernel burner, made dinner for our friends

Amber, Amy, Dennis, Dennis Watkins and Bill...getting ready to play horse collar and 3-13

I got up at 5:30 so I could read my Bible early.  Got ready and walked 2 1/2 miles.  Feels good to be back at it.  I vacuumed out and cleaned the kernel burner today.  I wanted to make sure it was all set and giving out great heat if we get the ice storm they say we are going to get.  Such a messy job.  I'm glad I have a headlamp.  Sure helps to see.  Bill always carries the pellets in and dumps them, so I clean it out when it needs it for him.  Not easy for him to do with knee replacements.  When Adam texted me, I was ahead of him for once.  Kimmy beat me though.  I have 15,000 and she was at 16,000.  I'm just happy to be getting steps again and closing all the circles on my Apple Activity page.  Adam said he's had 9 wins on Ticket to Ride now.  Eli had a win the other night.  I'm happy they are having so much fun.  I made chicken soft tacos and also beef tacos.  Had all the fixings to go on them.  Dennis Watkins got here first, then Amy and Amber came and then Dennis came when he got out of work.  Everyone loved the food. It was the first time I made chicken tacos.  I will be making them more they were so good.  Vikki told me how to make them because I always love hers.  We had fun playing games.  I lost bad at both of them, but we sure had lots of laughs.  They are such sweet friends. We had a fun snowball fight after we played cards.  We sure got our exercise and had fun.  We are getting lots of use out of those snowballs from the Royce grandchildren.   Bill helped me clean up everything after they all left.

No comments: