Friday, April 14, 2023

Friday, 4/14/23, Got taxes done, Bill took Max to Frankenmuth, weeded more, worked on Sunday School lesson, read Bible, went to Vikki's

 

Cute picture of Brielle Maddy sent me...she always makes me smile
Blossoms coming on our tree by the deck
Lots of birds coming to feeders today, chickadees, nuthatches, woodpeckers, goldfinches, house finches and more....so fun to sit on the deck and watch them

Kit Kat laying next to me while I read my Bible

When I got up she didn't even notice!  She a good sleeper for sure!
Peyton and Isaac entertained me when I went down to the basement 
Isaac does great with his heelies on






Abby in her cozy bed
Evan and Jack by Bruce's fire at their house

Eli made this beautiful cutting board from scratch in Industrial Arts.  He did an amazing job and I love his name on it.  

Jacob got his class ring back after having it resized....it actually fits the right finger now.
Very cool ring!

Adam and Claire went to see the Super Mario Brothers movie today

Bill worked on organizing our tax stuff I had in envelopes. I got a couple of forms he needed and more donation receipts from last year's giving.  We had our coffee and I ate my oatmeal, then left to have our taxes done.  Bill found a checkbook in the parking lot and took it in to the office and it was another guy's who was getting his taxes done.  He was very happy to have it. Must have dropped it on the way in.  

We came home and did some more research and account finding for Bill in hopes that he would find his phone.  He went to pick Max up to take him to the Military Museum in Frankenmuth and also out to eat to Hungry Howie's.  I worked on weeding and turning soil over after shaking grass off it, around the shed.  Only about 3 feet to go now til I am done.  Started when it was in the 70's, and then it went to the 80's and got too hot.  Quit and will continue later.  Did some watering too as things are getting dry around here.  Filled the bird bath too.  Sat on the deck with Kit Kat and did my Sunday School Lesson for Sunday and also read my Bible.  It was about the Pharisees, they came up with so many laws and weren't teaching what the Scriptures said.  Jesus told the disciples, the Blind were leading the blind and both would fall into a pit.  It's a warning not to just follow a pastor who isn't teaching what is actually in the Bible or we will fall into the pit with him.  A great reason to read the Bible for ourselves so we know what God's Word actually says.  Jesus covers everything in His Word.  It's just amazing.  After I finished reading, I sat and watched the birds.  What a great way to relax. 

Bill got home, and we did some more working on finding his phone.  No success.  I called Rody and he was going to be home and said to come over to see if he could help.  He's out techie guy.  We packed the computer up and headed over so Rody could help him.  I visited with Vikki.  She dished me up some pasta salad to eat which was delicious, and then gave me an ice tea.  She ate with me.  We went out to sit in her sunroom.  It's a fun place to sit and watch everything going on in the neighborhood, while visiting.  Vikki and I walked over to look in the windows of a house across the road from her.  A lady she met is flipping it.  They are making progress.  Can't wait to see it when it is done.  Another couple came to the house next door which just sold.  Vikki went to introduce herself, but the lady wasn't too friendly.  Her and her husband moved a big chair in the house.  Vikki was going to help, but didn't know from the lady's first reaction, if she would want help.  After dropping her end, the lady and her hubby finally got it in.

Melissa came to get Jack and Evan who had stayed with Vikki while Melissa and Bruce ran some errands.  They were having fun in the basement, after they got too hot playing basketball.  Melissa visited with us out on the porch.  Vikki made everyone who wanted one a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  Jack told her they were the best and I have to agree.  Jack had two.  Then Vikki was offering juice boxes and granola bars.  She is generous and a wonderful servant who is very hospitable.  We were hoping our new phone cases would get there, but they didn't.  They were supposed to get there by 7.  We got the same cases and both of ours turned brown on the edges.  We won't ever get a clear edged case again.  

It was a fun evening.  Maybe not for Bill and Rody.  Rody spent a lot of time helping Bill.  They found out Bill is locked out of Google for 30 days.  Yikes.  When Bill got home, he paid a dollar to have his phone found, and it shows it about 7 miles away.  He tried to email the guy but the email didn't go.  The guy is 75.  Hopefully, tomorrow when Bill ch. ecks it out, he will get it back.  Stacie was sweet and posted on Facebook, trying to get help finding his phone.  They tried one of the things that was in a comment.  Thankful for everyone's help, concern and prayers.  We are blessed!


 



No comments: