Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Wed., 4/12/23, Beautiful 75 degree day but windy, went to Jim and Connie's, Worked outside in flower gardens

Bill's brother with his first grandson


Hung the bedding outside this morning.  It got so windy, I ended up having to take it off the line because some of it was blowing off.  Only had to finish drying for 10 minutes.
Big red bellied woodpecker on the feeder
Yesterday I edged and didn't see any blossoms open on the hyacinths, today they were almost all opened up.  What a difference a day makes!
Some closeups

Kenzie had an ultrasound today.  The baby is healthy.  She could see the heartbeat, but couldn't hear it yet

Beautiful sunset out our front door and through the window


 Bill met Charlie. I washed our sheets and hung them on the line outside.  I ate my oatmeal and had my coffee.  The wind picked up and I noticed a pillowcase about ready to blow off the line.  I went out and decided to take everything down.  Just as I grabbed the fitted sheet, it blew off.  Glad I had a good hold on it.  I had to put everything in the dryer for 10 minutes to finish drying.  I made the bed up before Bill got home to surprise him.  Usually we do it together.  

He read his Bible inside.  I decided to go outside because it was in the 70's.  It was too windy on the one side of the deck, so I sat there a few minutes petting Kit Kat, then moved to a chair on the other side of the deck where the wind wasn't blowing.  Did my reading, then Bill and I went to my Cousin Jim and Connie's house to watch a DVD on the History of our Country.  It was put together by the Patriot Foundation and was so interesting to see how the first thing they wanted to do was pray and have a Bible study.  President Washington spent much time on his knees praying and so did many others.  Also loved how Kirk Cameron explained the Monument to the Founding Fathers in Massachusetts.  So amazing to learn about.  We are going to watch 7 more videos.  So interesting.  I never cared for history back when I was in school so enjoyed this so much.  Wisdom comes with age.  We walked around outside with them afterward, then left for home. 

We came home and Bill and I worked on outside stuff.  I pulled weeds and turned over dirt around the shed.  I got so windy, I quit and will finish the rest tomorrow.  

Melissa and I had a nice long phone visit in the evening.  



 



No comments: